Strava Support complaint tickets - any success?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cronorider

I've got a few rides lately where I'm missing a lot of segments that I've never had a problem with before. I sent in a ticket but I'm wondering if - given the number of these things they must receive - I'm going to have any success. Has anybody got experience with this?

Buck

Guru
My friend forgot to end his ride when he put the bike in the car so ended up with some very fast cycling and a few KOMs. He raised a ticket and they edited his ride, ending it at the right point.

They are not quick to reply unfortunately.

si_c

Guru
My friend forgot to end his ride when he put the bike in the car so ended up with some very fast cycling and a few KOMs. He raised a ticket and they edited his ride, ending it at the right point.

They are not quick to reply unfortunately.
If you use the website, you can manually crop the ride yourself, it's quite easy to use as I've done it myself when I've not ended a ride properly and ended up with random noise at the end or a ride extension:whistle:

si_c

Guru
I've got a few rides lately where I'm missing a lot of segments that I've never had a problem with before. I sent in a ticket but I'm wondering if - given the number of these things they must receive - I'm going to have any success. Has anybody got experience with this?
I've found that sometimes I miss segments, it's usually due to an odd start/end point and Strava missing that I've passed it. Also had it happen with greater frequency since moving to using a GPS device rather than the app on my phone.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well Strava did come through and fix my missing segments. It was worth the wait for two new KOMs though!!!

Did they give you any sort of insight or information about why it happened and if there’s anything you could do to stop it happening again?

OP
OP
C

Cronorider

Did they give you any sort of insight or information about why it happened and if there’s anything you could do to stop it happening again?

Not really - but there are a lot segments that start and end all at one point at an intersection on that route and I think that is part of the problem

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've flagged a segment as dangerous as it's in a '30' (Strava seem to have ignored my 'flag') & the current KOM speed is ave 50mph?? I believe it may be a garmin error, but there's a few chasing it & IMO it's dangerous, downhill & right hand bend, with some cutting the corner chasing the KOM :sad: are folks that desperate??

Strava are pretty responsive in my (and now the OP's) opinion, even if you aren't paying. They sorted this in 3 days back in '13

http://app.strava.com/segments/3900198

Pikey is a term of racist abuse in the UK against travellers (gypsies) that is as offensive as n*gger, but far more openly used. This ride is through an area known for traveller camps, so there is no doubting it's a racist name.

Can you please delete it?

You'll see if you click the link they renamed it rather than deleting it, but that good enough.

(original name was something like "<verb>ing through pikeyville")

Top Bottom