Strava tarting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I rode 25 km to the start of a 213 km audax event once, rode 211 km of the route and was well within the cut-off time when I noticed that I was passing a railway station where I could catch a train home. I knew that the train was due 10 minutes later and I was getting a bit cold so I caught the train instead of riding to the finish! :laugh:

I can't imagine stopping a little short of 100km, nor 150km for that matter, but I've frequently come in at a little under 160km and knowingly not bothered with making it 161 (and there is certainly no way I'd stop within 5km of 200km or any hundred marker beyond that.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
If you use Strava, or similar apps, could you finish a long ride just short of the intended miles?
Point raised as I was on a nighttime Sportive last night, and several riders tagged on my Strava finished the 100 miler on:-
miles.

No way could I do that! :headshake:
Me either. I would have ridden around in circles until that number tipped over. I said as much on the FLAB community FB page this evening.

Slick

Guru
Funny thing OCD, I have it in spades in one or two aspects of my life (mostly work) but for numbers on the bike, not so much.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
My Manchester - Llandudno CC ride flatter route is 99.7 miles.

I suspect with a bit of wide cornering and faffing around in the café car parks folk get the ton

Top Bottom