Strava to MyCyclingLog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When does the sync start? Is it just for new rides or will it go back and try to sync historic rides?
Up to you ....
Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 18.53.23.jpg

Its giving me:
Fatal error: Call to a member function item() on a non-object in /home/mcgallia/public_html/eddington/src/JoanMcGalliard/EddingtonAndMore/MyCyclingLogApi.php on line 52

I'll maybe try again later.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@jefmcg I'm liking your app a lot.
I tend to upload to Strava on my day off after a stint of commutes and other rides.
Now, this could be once every 7 days, or 10, or whatever, because I work shifts.
No point in changing my week on Strava, as my week (starting after a day off) could start on any day!
So I used to manually tally my miles (approximately) then input in MCL.
Your app lets me choose from what day to sync, which is great.
If you develop it as a downloadable (and chargeable I guess) app, you could maybe give it a jazzier name :smile:

Its giving me:
Fatal error: Call to a member function item() on a non-object in /home/mcgallia/public_html/eddington/src/JoanMcGalliard/EddingtonAndMore/MyCyclingLogApi.php on line 52

I'll maybe try again later.
That was a pain to fix. Turns out MCL is returning malformed XML under some circumstances. I've put a workaround in place, and reported the bug to Mike @ MCL.

@jefmcg I'm liking your app a lot.
I tend to upload to Strava on my day off after a stint of commutes and other rides.
Now, this could be once every 7 days, or 10, or whatever, because I work shifts.
No point in changing my week on Strava, as my week (starting after a day off) could start on any day!
So I used to manually tally my miles (approximately) then input in MCL.
Your app lets me choose from what day to sync, which is great.
If you develop it as a downloadable (and chargeable I guess) app, you could maybe give it a jazzier name :smile:
Glad you are enjoying it.

Yeah, the name is because I'm not sure what it will do yet :smile:. I doubt I could monetise it, because MCL offers much more and if free.

I'll see if I can create an option to remove all your strava rides, and start again, if I fix the duplicate checking code to be more sensible. Probably hard to do, but we'll see.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, it seems to work fine for me, the milage for 2016 is correct, even though I think at first I told it to sync from 3 years ago.
It did something, couldn't say what, there was lots of numbers :smile:

Well, it seems to work fine for me, the milage for 2016 is correct, even though I think at first I told it to sync from 3 years ago.
It did something, couldn't say what, there was lots of numbers :smile:
Well, it's easy to see what it did. Go to http://www.mycyclinglog.com//view.php and have a look at the right hand column. Any rides copied from strava will have a strava URL in there.

ACS

Legendary Member
I assumed @ACS was in fact @HLaB. Well, thanks to @ACS for lending me his login details to enable a diagnosis and fix. @HLaB - let me know if it is fixed for you.

More than happy to make a small contribution to what is a really useful project. And by chance I have had the pleasure of riding in the company @HLaB on a number occasions.

I assumed @ACS was in fact @HLaB. Well, thanks to @ACS for lending me his login details to enable a diagnosis and fix. @HLaB - let me know if it is fixed for you.
It copied at the second attempt a min ago. The first time I entered yesterday's and today's date, I think the end date should have been empty (not today); did that and it copied fine :okay:

It copied at the second attempt a min ago. The first time I entered yesterday's and today's date, I think the end date should have been empty (not today); did that and it copied fine :okay:
Yeah, that probably needs some polishing. Currently if you put a date in either box, it uses 0.00 as the time. ie if you put in todays date, it use the past midnight as the end point. It probably should use still use 0.00 as start date/time and 23.59 as the end date.

but if you want from a date, until now, leaving the end date blank is the way to do that.

thanks for the feedback!

OK, new features.
  1. You can now delete everything that has been added to MyCyclingLog by this program. Which is good, because ....
  2. Improved duplication tests: it now looks to see if the daily total on MCL log is greater than strava. If it is, it doesn't create new activities. And it only adds enough rides from strava so that the MCL total is equal to the strava total. If there is already an activity on MCL that has been copied from Strava by me, it won't be copied again.
  3. You can delete and copy from MCL repeatedly.
  4. You can divide long rides on strava into separate days. This is more for Eddington number calculation, which you can read about here .... https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/eddington-number.20142/post-4126713
as before http://mcgalliard.org/eddington

Note:

You guys are alpha/beta testers. That means I've tested it as thoroughly as I can, but you are still playing with code that may very well have bugs. MCL users, please click this link http://www.mycyclinglog.com/view.php?s=event_date&d=d&e=1 to download your current rides before you use my delete button. I have tested it pretty thoroughly, but if I do corrupt your MCL, I will help you get it back. But I need CVS file from the https://www.mycyclinglog.com/view.php page to do that!

Nothing should change in your Strava account.

Top Bottom