Strava to MyCyclingLog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've done a bit of a search, but haven't found anything that automatically syncs strava rides with MyCyclingLog.

Anyone know of anything that does this? If not, and its something that people may use then I might be tempted to knock something up myself to do this.

I'm not aware of anything and I've always entered to MCL manually.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I use it as a bike maintenance log.
You can do that on Strava too..... Go into your profile page, and in the bottom right of the page you have an option to register your bikes. Once registered when you click on a specific bike it will bring up a page like this, which you just edit whenever you do maintenance....

Screenshot%2014_zpspccsdhfc.png

Attachments

• Screenshot%2014_zpspccsdhfc.png
    Screenshot%2014_zpspccsdhfc.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 45

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You guys are just stuck in 2015. There's a tool that does it, and it's been around for
Sugar! I need to stop this late night internetting: have the feeling your tool just copied 3 years worth of rides from my Strava to MCL, rides that I had already input. User error, no doubt, I'll look at it tomorrow.
Will it sinc automatically from now on?
Great idea btw, thanks for sharing @jefmcg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Sugar! I need to stop this late night internetting: have the feeling your tool just copied 3 years worth of rides from my Strava to MCL, rides that I had already input. User error, no doubt, I'll look at it tomorrow.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now but no it doesn't do it manually. Great tool by @jefmcg

OP
OP
Mark1978

Mark1978

Veteran
@jefmcg Out of interest, what is the logic behind the sync if i've already put rides manually into MCL and they are already in strava? Will it pull rides from all time in strava over to MCL and cause duplicates or is it clever enough to check MCL and see what's already there?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@jefmcg Out of interest, what is the logic behind the sync if i've already put rides manually into MCL and they are already in strava? Will it pull rides from all time in strava over to MCL and cause duplicates or is it clever enough to check MCL and see what's already there?

I think it will duplicate if there is a 2% difference between the distances. When I accidentally synced all my rides I ended up with about 60 duplicate rides and it is a right pain to sort them out

sorry to mess you up. I tried to look for duplicates by trying to find matches for individual rides. I now realise I should have looked for total distance travelled in the day. Oh well, next time I'll do better :smile:

It doesn't sync automatically, but when you use it again, it won't send the same data as it did last time.

Oh, and thanks! You're the first one to use the feedback form.

Yeah, it assumes you entered each ride individually, and sees if there is a match.

When I get finished with my current changes, I will have a look changing it calculate total for the day, and creating rides that make up the difference if it's less on MCL than strava.

Top Bottom