Strava upload problems 6 Aug 19

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I had problem uploading to Strava over the weekend. I checked with the site which stated that due to a high number of users, there was a delay. This later appeared on the upload page.
I left the site and came back later to try again. This morning it appears the rides did upload, although I got no confirmation. Now it shows I was in a group ride with myself an 3 other "myself".
Some PB's and then my other selfs got 2nd fastest lol. I'm hoping this will sort its self out .
Did anyone else get strange reults?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I had problem uploading to Strava over the weekend. I checked with the site which stated that due to a high number of users, there was a delay. This later appeared on the upload page.
I left the site and came back later to try again. This morning it appears the rides did upload, although I got no confirmation. Now it shows I was in a group ride with myself an 2 other "myself".
Some PB's and then my other selfs got 2nd fastest lol. I'm hoping this will sort its self out .
Did anyone else get strange reults?
A soothsayer...it’s only the 5th :laugh:

The issues yesterday were almost certainly down to Ride London

If you have duplicate rides, just delete extras. I do this for almost every ride as I use 2 devices

Attachments

• 489843BC-BA77-4EBE-BAE0-2B6EED62D627.png
    489843BC-BA77-4EBE-BAE0-2B6EED62D627.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Oops must put my binns on lol. Would ride London make that much difference? Strava is world wide. They must have servers all over the place.

Last edited:

kapelmuur

Veteran
I have a 12 mile segment that I ride occasionally to measure fitness and I rode it yesterday.

When Strava was downloaded it didn’t show that segment but it did show others. I’ve contacted Strava for an explanation.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oops must put my binns on lol. Would ride London make hat much difference? Strava is world wide. They must have servers all over the place.
Yes but it was in the UK. 25000 riders all running more or less simultaneously. Lots of whom probably coughed up for premium features like Live which are presumably more bandwidth hungry

Otherwise it was pesky Russian hackers being paid off by Trump cronies :laugh:

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Yes but it was in the UK. 25000 riders all running more or less simultaneously. Lots of whom probably coughed up for premium features like Live which are presumably more bandwidth hungry

Otherwise it was pesky Russian hackers being paid off by Trump cronies :laugh:
Yes when you put it like that...........the the second option is far more plausible.

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
That is the website (I cropped it). There is nothing top right.
Sorted. I went to the ride and left the group for each rider. This split them in to separate rides, them deleted the duplicates.
I had a lot of dupes. This will affect my total for the year!
Currently on 3156 miles. I should have noted what it was before and if it affected the total.

vickster

Legendary Member
That is the website (I cropped it). There is nothing top right.
Sorted. I went to the ride and left the group for each rider. This split them in to separate rides, them deleted the duplicates.
I had a lot of dupes. This will affect my total for the year!
Currently on 3156 miles. I should have noted what it was before and if it affected the total.
Don’t forget to refresh stats on the website

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You need to go into the ride and on the left hand side there are a couple of buttons, one of which will give you the option to delete. You can also look at a list of your activities from one of the top drop downs, you can also delete from there. If you still struggle ping me and I’ll do some screenshots when I get home from work tonight

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
You need to go into the ride and on the left hand side there are a couple of buttons, one of which will give you the option to delete. You can also look at a list of your activities from one of the top drop downs, you can also delete from there. If you still struggle ping me and I’ll do some screenshots when I get home from work tonight
Yes, thanks Super. I didn't want to delete in case it deleted the whole lot. Anyhoo done it now see above.

Top Bottom