Stray cat etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
More photos needed?

Okay...

This young one also retrieves scrunched-up till receipts, usually dropping them into a slipper:

P1070519_zpsa352e280.jpg

This older cat is fat and lazy:

P1050541.jpg
Lovely tri-colour :wub: but the tabby 'n' white looks suspicious of her:biggrin:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I do like the name, the odd eyed white that adopted us remained "Whitey" as he was always filthy before his little "snip" and as they said on the advert "you can get tablets for that" :biggrin:
Gingey's a chatty little thing, was just lying near the patio...Harry had a little swipe as he walked past giving him the evils!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Tri-colour? Is that the term? She's a little devil, she attacks the tabby 'n white and sometimes attacks people for fun.
Some people call them Torti and white but I prefer tri-colour and they are most often girls and if she's owt like mine was very playful pouncy aggression but sweet with it.
Very similar in looks to the Turkish Van and the black mark over one eye is often referred to as "the thumbprint of Allah" by Muslims.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Actually, he may not be so keen to come back as while I was opening the back door, the cat box, complete with Simba fell off the bin where it was resting :ohmy: He seemed to be keen to get out after that!! He did however inhale the pouch of catfood I game him as a profuse apology

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed, but it is irresponsible cat ownership IMO. I will suggest that if they have been upset by his absence that neutering him may stop him going a-wandering again ;) PDSA will do it for free if they are in a low income bracket

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Indeed, but it is irresponsible cat ownership IMO. I will suggest that if they have been upset by his absence that neutering him may stop him going a-wandering again ;) PDSA will do it for free if they are in a low income bracket

Also, if you have a local branch of the Cats Protection League down your way, they may be able to help as well.

Edit---Yes you do---http://www.sutton.cats.org.uk/sutton/news/neuter-your-cat-for-free

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Our cat food started being finished one day, instead of the "bit left for later" then we caught a tabby in the kitchen eating away. He was fairly tame and I got him in a basket and took him to the vet. They scanned him and got the details of his chip. They kept him there while they contacted the chip company and sorted out some cuts. They called me the next day and said that they phoned the home and his owner had gone into a home and he had been left. Seemed a bit odd as if the house had been sold, the phone would have been disconnected and it would have taken months and I doubt he had been out more than 4 weeks. Still we got the option to keep him which we did. Other other 2 hiss at him and he is bottom of the pecking order, but I think he is happy enough and he doesn't take your face off now if you pick him up, so we are getting there :thumbsup:

Top Bottom