Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Looks like I was tempting fate with that levitating girl (post #774), saying it had "been there for a few years without suffering from vandals" - it's been painted over with what passes for street art round these parts, but of such piss-poor quality I didn't even bother to photograph it for a record shot, it was that depressingly bad. On a slight upside, here are a few more from Sneinton market, starting with a Hippo madonna and child.
DSCN0433.JPG

DSCN0434.JPG

A traditional Nottingham greeting:
DSCN0435.JPG

DSCN0436.JPG

Maybe not yer usual street art, but in the same vein as the heffalump statues, Nottingham has 33 winking robins. I have to admit they're superbly done.
I won't go round photographing all of them; this one in Sneinton Square deserves a showing - AFAIK it's the only one which features a bike.

DSCN0432.JPG

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Nice ride this morning into Manchester using Route 55 and the Bridgewater Way along the canal into the city centre
DSCN1985.JPG

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Poacher I did laugh at the robin, worthy of inclusion:okay:. Yes it is frustrating when a good work is replaced by something rubbish, hopefully others will agree and paint over the rubbish one sharpish. That's all part of the game though, I don't know how the artists just accept it, I know if I'd spent hours on something and someone immediately defaced it, I'd be livid. However my works would be so bad, painting over them immediately would be for the best:laugh:

You may have noticed but I'm scaling back the time I spend on this. I've had a fun year of street art since starting this thread, and discovered all sorts of interesting things, and have over 1500 street art pics now which is quite amazing. I'll pop back occasionally to add any particularly good ones I see on my travels, and hope others can keep adding to the thread, but I plan to spend much more of my cycling free time out in country lanes not the inner city, so I'll simply not be seeing as much. Thanks to all contributors and viewers who have helped make this thread the great ride it has been so far:notworthy: and I hope we can keep the thread ticking over and stop it falling into the abyss of the Cyclechat Cafe.

And you don't think I'd come here and make a post without giving you any pics did you? I wouldn't think of it^_^
Here's a couple of Olivier Robieu ones, one in Waterloo and the other in Hackney
TdMg4wt.jpg

I like how this has used the existing tunnel lighting.
bHoI2N6.jpg

I saw my first tube train.
ZkEboll.jpg

Another by the prolific and brilliant Woskerski
cqK7Z3q.jpg

A street art advert has got to be really good to get my attention, this movie trailer one is just that, and is by Jim Vision who I've featured before. This is on the big wall at the end of Hanbury St off Brick lane.
eolKOrj.jpg

Here's Hong Kong Phooey as a war-monger.
G60aQvc.jpg

The bumbling idiot and former Foreign Secretary, possibly the worst one ever. Dumb-bo-jo
ajwSwKI.jpg

And another in Leake St.
aIiYT1r.jpg

I've got to go and visit my favourite building in Shoreditch with the various huge artworks across it, as its had its final panel completed recently, so I'll try and get that tomorrow.

Inside the 'old' Market Hall
Carlton Street
Castleford
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4965727
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4965732

DSCF6167.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's the final panel of the excellent building on the corner of New Inn Yard and King John Court.
AFtN95A.jpg

And nearby Great Eastern St and Old St has some new ones too. Really like this of some street cleaning guys.
HPl6EZc.jpg

wKofPXG.jpg

And this one is obviously a homage to the famous 1980's Athena poster, known simply as 'tennis girl', where the tennis racket has been substituted for a paint roller. More details of the original here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_Girl
x5Zuwbz.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @jiberjaber, good ones:okay:. We have featured Dzia before with his trademark woodland creatures, with works in London, Bristol and Brussels but we've not had that fox before.

I've just googled to see if there was any connection between Alfred Hitchcock and Leytonstone, and there is, he was born above the family greengrocers just a few doors down from your pic, at number 517.

I didn't get to go to the Upfest street art festival in Bristol this year, but my sister lives there and has sent me these pics she's come across from this years event, cheers Sis:okay:
HHpEQLW.jpg

BJleRAN.jpg

I really like this silver/chrome apple.
LuuDuc2.jpg

It reminds of a golden apple, perhaps a delicious, I saw at the Freize art fair in Regents Park a couple of years ago.
IMG_20161114_152835_zpsetlzupjk.jpg

Top Bottom