Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Looks like its finished.....looking into a crystal ball and seeing the future.
Y7Mqejw.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Across town from the last lot of painted wheelie bins I saw, these and the accompanying warrior are outside a new Vietnamese kitchen and bar in Leake St.
zZRp9Ly.jpg

Leake st is also where this is next one is located. Done by the same people who did the Pope as a cat a few pages back, this time we have a horsey fighting knight or battle unicorn.....
8RnRt1U.jpg

When I left the house earlier I was not expecting to see any unicorns, but like London buses, along came another. This one is on the Hackney /Islington borders, and is of the winged variety......
rG5Uqmw.jpg

.....and is being chased/followed by what looks like some loop the looping flying foxes.
U0eViZ6.jpg

Don't ask, I haven't got a Scooby Doo^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've cycled past this one so many times I think I'd managed to forget all about it. (Given the vagaries of my memory, it may have been posted before. If so, I'll delete it.)
P1000364.JPG

It's in Giffen Street Square, alongside Deptford High Street. Not political but I like the way it uses the chimney pots and roof for its image.

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@deptfordmarmoset I rarely see it so quiet there. We have had it before, but back in the mists of time on page 3 so please leave it, its a nice refresher. In fact its funny comparing it to the one I took about a year ago, it makes me wonder if I'd been along and taken a photo each month between my pic and yours, we could have had a urban Planet Earth scene voiced by David Attenborough, as the wheelie bin moves snail like from one side of the artwork to the other.^_^
8T8ldSc.jpg

I came across this colourful new work in Shoreditch this afternoon. Shame about the annoyingly parked bikes, for which I am only partly responsible:whistle:
TEYVUs1.jpg

Across the road, work is underway on an amazing looking tiger, that I'll be back to check on again tomorrow.
FxiQYGp.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@MontyVeda what's the story there then? Was the pub a location for bare knuckle fighting in ye olden times? Why are the Council are asking for its removal, that its a bit fighty? Massive Wagons sounds like a great name for a pub^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
@MontyVeda what's the story there then? Was the pub a location for bare knuckle fighting in ye olden times? Why are the Council are asking for its removal, that its a bit fighty? Massive Wagons sounds like a great name for a pub^_^
It's on the side of a pub called The Pub. Massive Wagons is a local band and I think the council have decided that the mural is an advert because it bears a striking resemblance to the cover art on their latest album. Advert or not... people like it. There's a petition to keep it but the local council are a bunch of c***ts so its days are numbered, i reckon.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
These next few are all new in Stockwell. This by Italian, Hunto
yDtCDXR.jpg

This is by Core246
K68LcmC.jpg

And this is by SPZero76
vagsNWY.jpg

This surreal one is on Great Eastern St, don't know the artist.
voLgOxo.jpg

And this is at the other end of Gt Eastern st and is also new. I'm not sure I'm reading the name in the top right corner correctly, but it looks like Gidok.
0VHxrH6.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's on the side of a pub called The Pub. Massive Wagons is a local band and I think the council have decided that the mural is an advert because it bears a striking resemblance to the cover art on their latest album. Advert or not... people like it. There's a petition to keep it but the local council are a bunch of c***ts so its days are numbered, i reckon.
The online petition got some 6000 signatures in a matter of days and the council have agreed to let the mural stay... they're 'in talks' with the owners of the building, discussing retrospective planning permission, and probably considering how much dosh they can squeeze out of them... although the last bit is just me being cynical.

edited to add... retrospective planning permission may or may not be granted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Whitby St runs right off the street with the tiger, and already has a couple of good pieces, but I noticed this new addition.
RGh7JVc.jpg

And the tiger is finished. I think it took 3 days from start to finish, by what looked like 2 people, which is pretty damn impressive for such a big wall, and as you can see the detail is amazing. It is located on Chance St, and yes @Reynard you took the words right out of my mouth, it is stunning.
vXwuTZ8.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A couple more from new kid on the block Nether410, this time he's doing birds.
gGA99EK.jpg

Eo0gvEa.jpg

Is the one on the right a new species of hairy legged pigeon? ^_^
EDIT: Curiosity got the better of me, and google reveals there are hairy legged and feather legged pigeons. In fact pigeon breeding seems to be a bit like dog breeding with all sorts of bizarre looking creatures. Check out this bunch of odd looking birds. The first ones have feathers like wood shavings, the English trumpeter pigeon is quite a sight, and the bizarre pigeon/chicken hybrid, the German Modena pigeon is making my brain spin:wacko:
https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/18-most-bizarre-pigeon-breeds

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's a new Artful Dodger piece on the side of the 198 Gallery in Herne Hill, comparing the orange toned Trump to the Oompa Loompa's from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory films. I recall from the film that Charlie won the trip to Willy Wonka's factory by winning the golden ticket found in one of Willy Wonka's chocolate bars, I wonder if 'Wanka' bars contains a ticket to win a golden shower:whistle:.
VamkWsn.jpg

This is also new in Shoreditch
sz7YhfP.jpg

And a new Woskerski on the walls by Pedley St
Tc6a9fj.jpg

Top Bottom