Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Truro Wall Art.JPG

Car Park in Truro.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
We don't seem to have any from Nottingham yet, so here are some from the Lacemarket area, starting with one from the bottom end of Goosegate; it's been there for a few years without suffering from vandals!
DSCN0423.JPG

Another prominent one on Broad Street
DSCN0412.JPG

A wall on the corner of Woolpack Lane and Stoney Street has eight or so hand-painted posters, high up - I'm not sure whether these qualify, and I need a better zoom to do them justice anyway, so I may return to them at a later date, but also on Woolpack Lane is a whole bunch of pics of varying quality:
DSCN0416.JPG

DSCN0417.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

DSCN0420.JPG

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Across the busy Lower Parliament Street is the upwardly mobile Sneinton market zone. These ones are recent additions on boarded up buildings opposite the Motorpoint Arena. The footpath alongside these isn't wide enough for decent photos, and I'm damned if I'm standing in the road, so these were taken from the other side of the road - sorry about the intervening railings. I saw the first one being worked on about four weeks ago.
DSCN0424.JPG

DSCN0425.JPG

DSCN0426.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG

Text reads "Babies not Bacon"
DSCN0428.JPG

I've no idea what was going through the artist's head for this one!
DSCN0429.JPG

Anyroad up, that's Sneinton Market covered - there are other paintings, but not of great quality. I'll close with an officially sanctioned one, and news that there'll be a Street Art Festival in August.
DSCN0430.JPG

DSCN0431.JPG

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I came across something totally new today, augmented reality street art by Edward Von Longus. Its to celebrate the 100th year of the artists home country, Estonia, and is part of the London Festival of Architecture running from 1st-30th June. First you have to download a free app to your smart phone, then find some of Edward's artworks, and marvel as they kind of come to life. Its not quite Princess Leia hologram video messages, but that now seems only a short step away.

Under a bridge on Glasshouse Walk in Vauxhall, there are a number of images like this:
View attachment 416773
You start up the (R)estart Reality app on your phone and point it at the picture. I'm holding my phone pointed at artwork with one hand, and filming the images on my phone using my camera with my other hand, while standing out in the road far back enough to get it all on screen....has anyone risk assessed this? This street art lark is getting more and more complicated, it does feel for a second like an elaborate Russian spy plot to get me run over.
Anyway, that image suddenly moves as you can see here:

^_^ I like it. Here's another.
Still image:
View attachment 416770
And it lives.....it reminds me of Terry Gilliam and Monty Python

And there is another one under the Bridge by Vauxhall Underground/Bus Depot.
View attachment 416771
And during this one I did a full on double take. Firstly the women appear to be taking selfies and then transmogrifying (c/o Calvin and Hobbs^_^) into other women. Not only that, I discovered that even though I am filming the image on my phone just a few inches from the camera, if anyone walks between the phone and the image, so out of camera shot, behind the phone, they still show up in the image. So there is some sort of continuous interaction between image and phone, its not just playing some pre-recorded image. I have no idea about this sorcery, but when the bloke walks through the shot in this, I shoot him a startled glance as I ascertain if he is actually real

It all went a bit like the Matrix for a minute there^_^
More info here: https://london.mfa.ee/vauxhall-welcomes-augmented-reality-street-art-by-edward-von-longus/

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Sloane Square has been filled with a herd of painted heffalumps. The panel on the left here explains.
uRrJxV6.jpg

The herd is up for sale by auction.
VtaJrJp.jpg

jmbn7VD.jpg

ZwzKBtF.jpg

This one looks like its made of Shredded wheat
869Yl5O.jpg

tb2TWqs.jpg

This is my favourite, but I'm a sucker for chrome^_^.
0tWe7QS.jpg

And over in Portobello Road, I came across Liz 2 taking the corgi's for a walk by hoverboard. Catman also did this image over in Dulwich, but without the Union Flag background.
0su0yNp.jpg

And I really like this one, the paint trail is the shape of the river Thames winding through the city, and the brickwork I guess represents the approximate shape of the built up metropolis of London.
SFLYITr.jpg

Booze and Cake, brilliant as ever fella....and two of the Nellys have matching bikes, just like your's in fact!

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Toshiba Boy. I've nearly finished building another shiny bike, these pages will soon be graced with its presence....but I'm not lending it to any nellies, I don't think my wheels could take the strain.^_^

@deptfordmarmoset ahhh good ones, I have seen some Nathan Bowen ones around Liverpool St I think.

Thanks @Cuchilo, I've still not got to Brighton, I think there's lots more there we haven't seen yet, I do like that one:okay:

And good work @SteveF hope you are enjoying your continued European adventure, and thanks for the new additions.

I've been over at the Latimer Road site, which is almost in the shadow of Grenfell Tower, the tragedy there happened just over a year ago. Banners demanding justice and memorial walls act as a chilling reminder to what happened here. Local feeling toward the Govt and how it handled the tragedy is scathing, and this is reflected in some of the art works in the area.
Gqb74q6.jpg

Here's Lord Snooty, which is obviously meant to be Jacob Rees-Mogg, getting a good old fashioned crow-barring^_^
CLrr3hT.jpg

Yes I'm sorry but your bum does look big in that outfit.. I do like the vote Dodo poster too.
5sZ65R2.jpg

And these two smaller ones are nearby.
D1FifEK.jpg

dQwCnzy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Excellent @Dave 123 really like that. We've had an assortment of creatures so far, but they are definitely our first dragons:okay:.....and here's our second, though not in the same league as yours.
zXQgxaA.jpg

There's two new works in Hanbury St. This is first for us too I think, unless there's already been a wildebeest I've forgotten about.
fUPVihi.jpg

And this great Sr X one, who has a number of works throughout these pages, most recently the one featuring the two cartoon mice in Penge.
dtLBwzw.jpg

Top Bottom