Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's some new ones on the walls by the Nomadic Community garden. A floral tortoise
qrmMh4w.jpg

I really like this one
0xqW8ry.jpg

I instantly recognised the person on the right on this next one, David Attenborough. I love the way they've painted him in this. I didn't recognise the person on the left. I thought the binary 1's and 0's on his suit was a clue to some computer person, I was kind of right. Do you recognise him?
V88SDOH.jpg

Luckily there was some accompanying text which holds the clue....
KzxOxpV.jpg

I put that phrase into google and all is revealed......drum roll.... its Tesla and Space X CEO Elon Musk, and this art work was done to mark the opening of Mindspace Shoreditch, and hypothesizes what it would be like if great minds got together to work on something. More info here but to me it just looks like an advert for glorified office space, dressed up as some sort of great collaboration space. Sounds like Dilbert but with less partitions.
https://allwork.space/2018/07/greatest-minds-street-art-marks-opening-of-mindspace-shoreditch/

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
PyJlKDo.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A couple of new ones from some artists that featured way back in the early days of this thread. The one the left I think is by Roa, and the one on the right by Phlegm.
owlsRoG.jpg

London traffic moves at a snails pace, most drivers moan about this, but some people have embraced it with a smile.
1uxxhzY.jpg

And after England beat a very mediocre Sweden the secure a place in the World Cup semi-finals, its fair the say the country has gone football mad and is getting totally carried away^_^.
4xCRHXI.jpg

GSETZBo.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A few great art works went up in Leake St tunnel over the weekend as part of a fundraiser called the 'Do1cancer graffiti movement'.
This is by the excellent Gnasher, who did the chimp in Camden last year, and more recently the huge cats eyes in Croydon.
AvxiHDT.jpg

This is by Nzie. The text partially obscured by my bike is 'determination & regeneration'.
UO1vgzK.jpg

And this is by Paligramerz, I really like this one:okay:
XDNpWVN.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Down in Stockwell there is some more 'do1cancer' pieces
AX5Xfnf.jpg

And one by the prolific Woskerski
XY1beGf.jpg

There was also this.....
NIcsNEF.jpg

:laugh::laugh: tory turd of the month, well there's plenty to chose from at the moment. With Bojo and David Davies resigning from the cabinet yesterday, and this govt being more of an omni-shambles than Armando Iannucci could ever imagine....and that's saying something, he's so cynical of our politicians he could represent us at Olympic level.

Anyway the above piece is ridiculing former Beckenham tory chairman Brian Cooke. I say former as he was recently suspended following another spat on Twitter. More recently, following the recent deaths of the 3 young graffiti artists killed by a train in Loughbough Junction, he came out with some pretty outrageous comments on Twitter, honestly where do they find these people. Full story with the oxygen thieving gammon's comments here:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...sts-killed-loughborough-junction-train-london
The sign in his hand has already been painted over, but I checked on artist Artful Dodger_01's instagram and all becomes clear, Cooke used to work for TFL, full info and a good rant from the artist here^_^.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkcZXMgnMdC/?hl=en&taken-by=artful_dodger_01

I just emailed the image to the Beckenham tory association too so they can follow all the fun:becool:

Later this week of course the UK 'welcomes' monumental dufus Donald Trump. I'm on holiday all this week, and if the opportunity arises I shall be hurling loud and varied abuse in his direction from a grassy knoll somewhere:angel:. The artists have started the welcoming committee, this is in Leake St, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for more over the coming week.
DYuqyaJ.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@AndyRM I'm pretty sure that's our first giraffe, and definitely the most northern one I've seen:okay:

Meanwhile back in Shoreditch at my new favourite building that I've seen slowly coloured in over recent months, work has started on another panel. I'll pop by over the next few days to chart its progress.
RhLbwAs.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've come across a couple more by Nether410 who did the paper aeroplanes one on page 52. The artist is from Baltimore, USA, but has obviously been over on a painting mission to London recently. This is new in Bacon St, Shoreditch.
VKTyYSO.jpg

And this is in Camden, unfortunately down a narrow alley that makes it impossible to stand back far enough to get a good photograph, but its still impressive.
QEYVG6L.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I missed the flight of the tiny handed Trump blimp in Parliament Square this morning, but passed soon after. I am deeming it sky art, or park art for the purposes of this thread. The placard made me laugh too:laugh:
DQadjzv.jpg

And just across the river Thames, a new piece has gone up in Leake St in the last 24 hours in honour of the agent orange idiot.
N83jSTe.jpg

Top Bottom