Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elysian_Roads

View attachment 435029
Very very frightening me
View attachment 435030
Gallileo, Gallileo
View attachment 435031
View attachment 435032
But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me,
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
View attachment 435033
will you let me go
Bismillah! No we will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go let me go
Will not let you go let me go (never)
View attachment 435034
View attachment 435035
Never let me go ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
View attachment 435036
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
View attachment 435037
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye,
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
View attachment 435038
can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
View attachment 435039
View attachment 435040
Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me
View attachment 435041
^_^
And there has also been a massive mural done on the side of the Paragon Building, one of the student campuses for the University of West London, so I took the trip over to Brentford to get it. It's so big I had to photograph it from a few streets away.

Freddie Mercury got a diploma from Ealing College, now part of UWL, more info here: https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/arti...-street-art-promote-bohemian-rhapsody/1496200
View attachment 435042
View attachment 435043
Epic posting, @booze and cake! Hope neither your eyes nor your neck have suffered permanent damage from all that looking to the skies....

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ Thanks @Elysian_Roads, I think it took longer to upload all the photos, and get them in the right order on my small laptop screen, than it did to do the whole ride:laugh:. I can't complain really, very un-October like skies to be staring at, got to make the most of it:okay:

Nice to see a racing car @booze and cake :hyper:

Looks like (well, to my nerdy eyes) the "specials" that ran on the ovals in the US through to the mid-ish 60s. They clung to the front engined roadster type cars far longer than on this side of the pond. :blush:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
This recently appeared in the Lace Market area of Nottingham.
P1000027.JPG

While these are from the nearby Sneinton Market; fairly sure the first appeared at about the time Stormy Daniels made her mycological comparison.
P1000029.JPG

P1000028.JPG

P1000030.JPG

P1000031.JPG

I'll try to get over to Beeston sometime this week to look at Zabou's latest work; three local luminaries.

I did see a good Lisa Simpson 'art' on a bus shelter, last week
Several times, actually

However, due to being on a bus, & it not stopping there, I couldn't photograph it
It was on the main road between Qawra/Salinas Bay & St Juliens (Malta)

Also there was a lot in a skatepark on the outskirts of St Juliens (Msida, according to Google maps)

It was essentially this picture, but with a pink background

simpsons-frases-desmotivaciones.jpg

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
As promised, Zabou's latest work in Beeston, just up the Station Road from her much smaller Robin Hood.
First, Paul Smith, unfortunately without his stripey Mercian, and partially obscured by an irresponsibly dumped Nissan Qashqai.
P1000034.JPG

Next, the never-to-grow-old Richard Beckinsale
P1000033.JPG

Last, but not least, 'cos it's nearly as big as the first two put together, Edwin Starr. Unfortunate street furniture; a Cyclists Dismount sign. Grrrrr.
P1000032.JPG

A small bonus, under a footbridge over the canal on the way home.
P1000035.JPG

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Good work @Richard A Thackeray and @Poacher.

Yes its a shame the Paul Smith one doesn't feature a bike considering how keen on cycling he is. When I got my Mercian in 2010 there was a Paul Smith Mercian in the shop, Battenberg cake coloured, bright yellow and pink. I love bright colours but even I thought that was a bit over the top^_^.

I went past the Nomadic Community Garden earlier today, and Woskerski has been doing some cosmetic surgery to his own work. Last week it looked like this.
00f8leP.jpg

But today it looked like this
o7C4L04.jpg

And on the adjacent wall is a new one by Aspire, this looks like a Peregrine Falcon.
SFhYCBJ.jpg

Top Bottom