Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@DP ahh great yes that was him was it, I remember you posting that.

@Reynard really? I've logged out and back in again and that last post there should be two separate videos with Leon Keer's stuff. I'm a total tech dufus though, and despite going in and checking they are both showing my end, so I'm as confused as you......

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@DP ahh great yes that was him was it, I remember you posting that.

@Reynard really? I've logged out and back in again and that last post there should be two separate videos with Leon Keer's stuff. I'm a total tech dufus though, and despite going in and checking they are both showing my end, so I'm as confused as you......
The link worked fine for me. Reynard's obviously been chopping down trees and left you stumped....

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^:laugh:...I frequently have moments with technology like that too.
sf85rqL.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I came across this on the corner of Union St and Great Guildford St. My first impression was it looked a bit like Jonathon Pryce, perhaps his portrayal of Fagin from Oliver Twist, but that's just a guess. Any other ideas? I can't find anything online about it.
Cg1KDex.jpg

And following the recent loss of comic legend Stan Lee, here's a great tribute by Jim Vision on Rhoda St in Bethnal Green.
EfXloQb.jpg

And here's something a bit different, over in Hammersmith I came across this lorry. Some internet sleuthing reveals its owned by a Dutch flower company, delivering to Hammersmith florist Heaven Scent, and the Titanic artwork is by Paul Kerrebijn.
CmifdCO.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
We have @Fnaar posted it back on page 25, but no worries @SteveF leave it here as its a good one:okay:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Camden
RGKCcfC.jpg

And over in Portobello Rd there is a Syd and Nancy, similar to one I've seen in Penge.
h8bQ8D1.jpg

And these are a selection from the Portobello Wall Public Art Project, a yearly public art commission for a 100 metre stretch of wall. Now in its 10th year, this years artist is Anastasia Russa. Info here: https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/culture/portobello-wall-public-art-project
k7HZ38h.jpg

EtAJEFj.jpg

KlFZlgw.jpg

I think this is a reference to Grenfell tower that is not far from here.
D9TJxeJ.jpg

DUHFiTE.jpg

77sz1qG.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I missed this story when it was reported a couple of months ago, but its pretty amusing. and reminds of the the 'Dead Bod' story from Hull back on page 32, which showed even the most basic graffiti if left untouched for decades can work its way into peoples affections. And in Dead Bod's case it was saved by the locals and ended up becoming a symbol of the city itself. Original link to the Dead Bod Story here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5148891

This time its about some long lasting graffiti on a motorway bridge that was recently removed, much to the outrage of many motorists. Located on the M25 and surviving for over 20 years, it was arguably one of the most viewed pieces of graffiti in the country and seen by millions. I am one of the millions to have driven past it, and though I did not know the story of it until today, it always made me smile and think of the John Lennon song. I bet its caused more smiles than Network Rail have managed since its formation in 2002. And it must have diffused some road rage over the years on one of most congested roads in the country. ^_^ I don't fancy their chances on getting this officially reinstated, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the original slogan reappear on the bridge, crowd funded maybe:laugh:. Full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-45593174

I find Network Rail's 'no graffiti is good graffiti' line a bit draconian. I understand their safety concerns, but this has not stopped graffiti artists taking to the tracks and arches for decades now. As owners of millions of miles worth of track and I don't know how many buildings, bridges, underpasses and overpasses, ie painters real estate^_^, they could be doing more community work by setting aside some safe sights for budding artists to practice on, hopefully also helping keep people off the tracks . There is a series of arches in Mile End that this was allowed, and one of my regular haunts in Leake St, under one of the many rail lines at Waterloo its also allowed, here's one from there today.
IM5xJEQ.jpg

But Network Rail could be doing much more, who knows, with a bit of extra training some graffiti artists could be trained up to do some signal repairs and other jobs on the creaking network^_^

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ yeah there is a whiff of Worzel about him. This bird is Worzel resistant, being neither scared, or a crow.
6xDLOW6.jpg

On the back of a phone box opposite Brick Lane Bikes I did find a crow that was looking scared, not because of Worzel but because its been bagged along with a fox.
aNocjp1.jpg

Not exactly topical as the film this takes the mickey of was a few years ago, but I saw this today and it made me chuckle. I think I may start calling this grey, drab and wet weather this from now on....'don the waterproofs it's 50 shades of Gary today'^_^
vjTU2sG.jpg

Top Bottom