Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@SteveF that's a good Judge Dredd. I'm guessing the other one is the Penguin from the Batman films.

Here's a few new good ones from Leake St tunnel. FIrst up this looks like Sweep from Sooty and Sweep fame, he always was trouble.
9NwYTbq.jpg

More bitter than any lemon after another failure to dethrone the PM, I think this could be Jacob-Rees Mogg in disguise making Theresa a polonium cocktail.
c6T5dQf.jpg

This is really good, look closely and the artist has done the face half and half, with half vaguely sketched, and the other half incredibly detailed.
pchZ4Fb.jpg

And this next one has a distinctive style. I'm sure they also did works I've got previously on pages 53 and 61. I've since found out they are by Bristol based artist called Pali. I assume the script behind these tomb robber/explorer characters says Mummy. I really like this:okay:
4SilxUg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A couple from Camden, this one by Airbourne Mark who often does origami based artworks.
iUk5TPw.jpg

And I'm not sure who did this, if 'Skins' is the artist, the character or neither, but its very good.
UxX12aE.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's Philip Seymour Hoffman wearing a city-scape jacket similar to the Andy Warhol and Jimi Hendrix ones I posted recently. I recognise the Empire State Building, so its New York, where Philip was born.
cscGOgx.jpg

Some good children's portraits in Hackney
yuWwYkQ.jpg

Shoreditch
Fv84CVj.jpg

And my friend Liviu's partner Nicoleta has been to Prague in the Czech Republic recently, and got these for me, thanks Nicoleta:okay:
This is under the Charles Bridge:smooch:
RnFTRVW.jpg

And this is on the John Lennon Wall: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennon_Wall
Pg2EyDf.jpg

I think they are our first from the Czech Republic, but after 68 pages I'm losing track. I think I may sit down over the holidays and do an end of year audit^_^

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I must have just missed the artist Zabou finishing this excellent one, as it still had a'wet paint' warning taped next to it. It is of course David Bowie as his Ziggy Stardust alter-ego. And the sheep to the right is by Stewy^_^.. Located at the south end of Broadway Market.
UDcFQEm.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Its the winter solstice today, the shortest day of the year, where we see the least amount of sun. To compensate here's some post sunset sunshine.
7dzjdXu.jpg

From now on each passing day gets us closer to summer. For those longing to be on a hot beach somewhere else, over in Lower Clapton there's a new mural by Run to give you a sample of warmer climes.
Tb2trV5.jpg

I like how a missing brick in the wall has been made into a mouth for one of the characters.
El0BBpB.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@deptfordmarmoset yes I thoroughly approve of that^_^:okay:

@Reynard thanks, that sounds familiar. I think we have that already,this one I think:
VpOb0Ky.jpg

Good spot, it was indeed by Zabou, and was all the way back on page 2. Trying to remember them all is a bit brain melting....
v5knZSR.jpg

Thanks anyway^_^.

And would you Adam and Eve it, I came across another Zabou one, this time painted over the Alice in Wonderland one she did from back on page 19, see here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5003966
This new one should be instantly recognisable to any film buffs, 'Here's Johnny!'....Jack Nicholson from 'The Shining'
gnUFoja.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Happy Christmas to you all:cheers::snowball:

@Reynard I vaguely recall seeing a few flamingo's dotted around there, but don't think I've photographed any yet.

I hope all your prayers were answered.....
uzN6ZXq.jpg

...and you all got what you wanted from Santa. I like the friends and family bits, but the rest of it is a bit too much...
8dtQrue.jpg

....for my liking.

Back on page 66, I posted this image:
Cg1KDex.jpg

There was no artist or character info at the time, so we could only guess. My guess at the time was I thought it looked like Nicholas Pryce, and that it was perhaps Fagin from Charles Dickens' novel Oliver Twist. Well I went past it again and there's now more....
sf8MvyR.jpg

This time there is a signature, Trafford Parsons. 10 seconds of internet sleuthing later, and I find this post from the artist on Instagram confirming the first portrait is indeed of Fagin:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpnjxucAvzN/
Damn, I'm good:becool::laugh:. And then a Twitter update from the artist a few weeks ago confirming the identity of the new addition, the leader of a gang of child criminals trained by Fagin, it is of course the Artful Dodger. https://twitter.com/traffordparsons?lang=en . Trafford Parsons also did the mural of American singer Charles Bradley in Brick Lane that I posted back on page 63. Link here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5432860 Another mystery solved^_^.

And finally onto my favourite piece of the week over by Pedley St. Even painting bricks on a brick wall can brings creatures to life, I really like this, excellent work:okay:. Artist is Pad303
2te0HIF.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom