Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had a little stroll around Antwerp old town on Boxing Day. Because of the narrowness of Kop Straat, I was unable to get a very good picture of the whole of this giraffe.
P1000899.JPG
P1000900.JPG
P1000901.JPG

This one's just past the end of Kop Straat
P1000903.JPG

And on the opposite wall there was this, with a nice little inserted image:
P1000905.JPG
P1000906.JPG

Unfortunately, this place was shut so I couldn't sample their craft beers:
P1000907.JPG

U

User169

Unfortunately, this place was shut so I couldn't sample their craft beers:
View attachment 444619

Billies is great. A bit hipsterish - just like you DM!

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Happy New Year street art fans!

2018 was a our first full year. Since this thread started, I think our little corner of the internet has amassed one of the greatest collection of street art around. Many of these may now be extinct, but we have saved them for eternity here. @Moderators is it possible using the search function, or is there any moderator features, that are able to tell me how many images we have posted in this thread, without having to go through and count them all manually? I'd love to know how many we have in total. I think it must be over 2000 now.

Whatever the exact number the tally is impressive, so a massive thank you to all the posters and visitors to this thread who have helped make it. We have street art pictures from England and Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and further afield. We've had links to great street art in the USA, Czech Republic, Sweden, Russia and Brazil. If I come across a great piece from abroad I find online, I will post it here, but that's relatively easy and I could quickly add a load more countries to our collection that way. As someone who has not been abroad since the start of this thread, I get much more of a thrill from seeing street art through the camera of Cyclechatters who have actually visited far flung places, and posted their finds here.

And so I am delighted that the good folk of Cyclechat and a couple of my friends who sent me pics, have also visited and posted street art images in this thread from the following countries, Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Croatia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Malta, Iceland, Poland, Canada, USA, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, India, Australia and New Zealand. Thank you all so much, and here's hoping we can add to that list this year:cheers:.

And of course I must thank all the artists from all around the world, for brightening our world. Without them this thread would not exist, and walls across the globe would be immeasurably duller. :okay::notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And to get us off to a great start in 2019, I cycled from London to Brighton yesterday to attend the wedding of my long term friend and housemate Vince, and his new wife Annedore. Congratulations you two, that was a fantastic day and evening, I wish you eternal happiness together:cheers:

And of course Brighton is somewhere I have been meaning to visit for its street art for a while.
38waS8M.jpg

So on my way from my hotel to the wedding venue, and this morning in a frantic hungover hour before catching my train back to London, I managed to whizz around and grab a load of pics.

I instantly recognised the 'Angel of Brighton' that @rich p posted back on page 56, this one:
ui2oCY4.jpg

The artist is Cosmo Sarson, who did the break-dancing Jesus image I photographed on my trip to Bristol back on page 19. Apparently 4kg of gold glitter was infused into the ochre background to make it particularly striking in the sunshine, unfortunately no sun was seen. I did see a Deathstar though.
Lx2KPs0.jpg

Opposite the Angel of Brighton is piece is this, which I think is really good.
flrzxvg.jpg

I also recognised these robot characters by Snub23, I saw a few around the city. They also did one in Shoreditch I got back on page 32.
7Pxwu4A.jpg

EYOVRMw.jpg

Back on page 17 I told the tale of the Banksy piece called 'kissing coppers' which was taken off the wall of a pub in Brighton, and appeared shortly afterwards in a auction in Miami for $575,000, link here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-4989555
I found the pub the original Banksy was stolen from, the Prince Albert, and since the original was stolen, a framed replacement copy has been put back in its place.
x5w2usV.jpg

The pub has also been completely covered with faces from the music industry, identifying the faces in this could be a music quizz round^_^
1Mw0Ihl.jpg

Loving the text under this next one 'calmer chameleon' :laugh:
3PkPnD8.jpg

So this is what Basil Brush it up to these days.
SyuQewn.jpg

This is by Australian artist Rone.
36lIjyz.jpg

This is an impressive scene, unfortunately marred by loads of crappy tags.
9tOTWZc.jpg

I instantly recognise this as one by Mr Cenz who's numerous works around London I've photographed in the past.
joX9W7v.jpg

Unidentified artist, I like this.
cc6BT08.jpg

This hummingbird was bordering on too colourful for my hangover this morning^_^
XxEqjhB.jpg

And this similarly colourful frog is great.
nOajqiM.jpg

And as I was at the seaside I'll end with a whale and calf.
RGltMbw.jpg

I was originally planning to cycle home as I was not expecting any trains today, but found out there was a Sunday train service. THE best £12 I've spent so far this year, cycling back over the Downs this morning was not as appealing as yesterday^_^. I was given a final seaside send-off by my train being delayed because on the way into Brighton the train hit a seagull which smashed the front window of the train, so we had to wait while they removed a carriage. Not heard that one before, another one added to the ever growing list of Southern Rail excuses.:laugh:

Last edited:
upload_2019-1-4_12-58-33.png

Taunton. Apologies for lateness of posting, has obviously been there a few weeks.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @sheddy I loved that full on colour explosion, it definitely brightens our winter. I'm glad they have concluded that you can't do a proper carnival with grey, brown and beige^_^

Here's some UK winter colour in Leake Street tunnel.
Nzaw3ab.jpg

In Shoreditch is this next one. I recognise Madonna on the left, but don't know about the other two, anyone else? The middle character looks a bit like Dylan Moran to me.
TchZ398.jpg

EDIT: I found the artist Instagram account which confirms the other two characters are Syd Barrett, founder member of the band Pink Floyd, and the other is Kurt Cobain of Nirvana fame.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBilDlg8gq/

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsEd51QgwJb/

And Dan Kitchener often uses colour as bold as a Colombian carnival, and there's a new one of his works over on Brick Lane.
5mLZbLY.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom