Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There have been a couple of posts recently touching on the short life of much wall art. So, bucking the trend, Deptford's ''His and Hers'' (it's been posted up at least twice) had this painted onto the telephone box below last night.
P1010076.JPG

18 years is quite an achievement for Deptford!

All 3 were on the same 20 foot Container, at the back of New College, Pontefract
(we were there today for the Model Railway Exhibition)

DSCF7774.JPG

DSCF7775.JPG

DSCF7776 - Copy.JPG

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@deptfordmarmoset that is good going, and its still in great condition. The mural which deptfordmarmoset refers to was posted back on page 54, seen here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5314524

And here's something I've not seen before, graffiti recipes. These are the work of 'We paint what we eat' https://www.instagram.com/gourmandizing/?hl=en
and are inspired by some classic recipes popular in south east London.
M97qOcP.jpg

chsILPp.jpg

s9mTjOP.jpg

IWutFc0.jpg

vCCX66Q.jpg

And here's some local history I've cycled past many times but amazingly never noticed until today. These Charlie Chaplin mosaics by Southbank Mosaics are on the Lambeth Walk.
E5MzAxW.jpg

2jHuPpL.jpg

ndz9unf.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@deptfordmarmoset that is good going, and its still in great condition. The mural which deptfordmarmoset refers to was posted back on page 54, seen here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5314524

And here's something I've not seen before, graffiti recipes. These are the work of 'We paint what we eat' https://www.instagram.com/gourmandizing/?hl=en
and are inspired by some classic recipes popular in south east London.
View attachment 449157
View attachment 449158
View attachment 449159
View attachment 449160
View attachment 449161
And here's some local history I've cycled past many times but amazingly never noticed until today. These Charlie Chaplin mosaics by Southbank Mosaics are on the Lambeth Walk.
View attachment 449162
View attachment 449163
View attachment 449164
I love the recipes! Not a lot of art but a great idea.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's a couple of black and white ones.
TavBKiP.jpg

This reminds me of the bike in the classic Japanese anime Akira.
1loiXgq.jpg

And although this is pretty abstract, I recognised it immediately as Malcolm McDowell playing the character Alex DeLarge from the film A Clockwork Orange.
kqtMY6T.jpg

It recreates this classic pose from the film. That gaze and the brim of the hat was a clue, but it was the painted eye lashes that really gave it away^_^
16NrN6R.jpg

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I was in Alicante at the weekend. I’m not sure if this isn’t pasted on...?

0A2E2C57-B547-40AE-ABA1-DEFED8384374.jpeg

This was on the wall of a burger joint, it looked like a nice burger...
F87C7E95-3591-4BB2-947C-D5DEC8BE0D4B.jpeg

I dunno if Waterloo is anywhere near your "patch" @booze and cake but I saw a bunch of portacabins covered with some very nice street art trackside (looks like there is good access, seems to be some kind of art studio) as I was outward bound to Alton this morning. Alas it was dark on my return, so can't give you any more than that...

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard I consider all of London my patch^_^, but yeah that is kinda local to me. The number of train lines that come into and leave Waterloo is huge though, so I'd not know where to start on that really. Next time I'm near the station I'll have a bit more of a rummage, thanks:okay:

I am beginning to wonder if pink spray and paint has been heavily discounted in the January sales, as I've seen loads of pink artworks recently. Here's 2 more. Firstly this peacock is on the side of the Sakthy Ghanapathy temple in Thornton Heath.
Dsk6Sab.jpg

And this is by Maikel Walkman who did the series of works with crash test dummies. This is in Pedley St in Hackney.
xjp59Nc.jpg

And this last one made me laugh and shows how pieces can change, with other people adding to the original. Going through Leake St the other day I saw this.
3RIcHL7.jpg

This character looks a bit worse for wear, and someone obviously thought he looked stoned out of his gourd, as the following day it looked like this:laugh:.
3h8wR01.jpg

@Reynard I consider all of London my patch^_^, but yeah that is kinda local to me. The number of train lines that come into and leave Waterloo is huge though, so I'd not know where to start on that really. Next time I'm near the station I'll have a bit more of a rummage, thanks:okay:

I left from Platform 8 if that's any help - Waterloo has about a gazillion platforms it seems... :laugh:

Top Bottom