Street Art

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by booze and cake, 24 Jul 2017.

1. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Nid Yw Cymru Ar Werth!

Poacher, GM, deptfordmarmoset and 2 others like this.
  2. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Adelaide has a bit of a rep as being a boring town for Aussie retirees. But they sure love their Street art, much more so than supposedly funky Brisbane

IMG_20190207_184732.jpg

IMG_20190207_184745.jpg

IMG_20190207_184801.jpg

Katherine, Poacher, GM and 4 others like this.
  3. Slow But Determined

Slow But Determined Nid Yw Cymru Ar Werth!

A nice one from Calpe, Spain

Calpe 29.JPG

Katherine, Poacher, GM and 2 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

booze and cake probably out cycling

5. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

The whole Brexit shambles is confusing not just the UK and EU folk, some well travelled non-EU citizens are also concerned about their freedom of movement.
    hXdaaCZ.jpg
    This is new in Shoreditch
    qEXTI1b.jpg
    I'm normally not a great fan of tags, I just can't get excited about differing fonts, but these two are a bit different and caught my attention.
    8X8NdW8.jpg
    UfvHHZ2.jpg
    And down in Leake St tunnel here's a cheery chap.
    e2enUDg.jpg

Cuchilo, Reynard, DP and 3 others like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

Valentines day
    A4EWUsz.jpg
    jzyDp7C.jpg fC5r4f2.jpg
    ....plant one...
    0rxlQV3.jpg
    ...right on the kisser of someone you love.
    2DAdNO5.jpg

Reynard, Katherine, Poacher and 3 others like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

Here's Wills and Kate and Harry and Meghan as ABBA in Golborne Rd by bambi.
    Hc1Prk9.jpg
    Another Angry Dan, this time on Stucley Place in Camden
    jftlVE4.jpg
    And this is in Leake St
    M4yAP1K.jpg

Reynard, nickyboy, Poacher and 3 others like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

I was over in Ladbroke Grove yesterday and tucked away at the end of a dead end road I came across this.
    p8Lhj6m.jpg
    Note to the left, the shadow drawn behind one of the bollards.
    PGPcxaa.jpg
    It is especially moving as what remains of Grenfell is behind me as I took this picture, so it does actually cast a shadow over this spot in certain conditions. Here it is wearing some kind of death shroud.
    TGM6Z3Z.jpg
    But for a good while it looked like this, I took this photo back in June 2017, it is a much more haunting reminder of what happened.
    https://www.cyclechat.net/attachments/p1020166_zpsmnz5lijs-jpg.359393/
    I noticed today our useless government has just refused full police funding requests for the Grenfell investigation, furthering my utter contempt for those self serving clowns. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ty-trump-visit-madeleine-mccann-a8786456.html
    And check out the quote on the junction box to the right street art pic above. I put the quote into google and I didn't find anything, so I don't know if its associated with Grenfell, Salman Rushdie, something else, or if its the artists own, but I liked it anyway.

RQnjFZU.jpg

Last edited: 22 Mar 2019
    Reynard, Poacher, GM and 2 others like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

And I came across this on the side of the Futherfield Gallery in Finsbury Park.
    XqToRm3.jpg
    And I recently bought a reissue of a great old book from the 1970's called 'The writing on the wall' which contains loads of old black and white photos of London graffiti taken by photographer Roger Perry, who was Time Out magazines first photographer. Most of the pictures are over 40 years old, and while most if not all of the graffiti has long gone, I am currently in the process of revisiting some of the exact spots to see what those places look like now. It has been an amazing journey so far with some amazing discoveries. Some places have changed beyond belief and others hardly at all, and I've uncovered some fascinating history and characters along the way. I am just about to start writing up a mega post about it, and need to visit a load more spots over the coming week, but watch this space.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2019
    NorthernSky, Reynard, Poacher and 2 others like this.
  10. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Clarges Mews, Mayfair

Quite a surprise to stumble across this in such a swanky area

IMG_20190219_130516.jpg

I rather like it

11. DP

DP Chasse patate

12. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

@nickyboy yes indeed, Mayfair ones are rarer than rocking horse pooh^_^. In fact the only one I've ever seen was a Banksy on Bruton Lane, and that probably only remains as its too high up to easily paint over, seen here from page 6: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/page-6#post-4909879

And here's a couple of new ones from the Pedley St walls. Acid man, it melts your mind, and maybe your face. Was the 80's rave/acid smiley face the original emoticon? If so a smiley is in order^_^. EDIT-no its not, its actually over 50 years old: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/who-really-invented-the-smiley-face-2058483/
    ny7Z8t9.jpg
    ppf5fH6.jpg

Last edited: 21 Feb 2019
    deptfordmarmoset, Reynard, GM and 3 others like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

A couple of tribute ones, first up this in Hackney. I don't know who POW was or what happened to him, but seems he was still very young and should have had his life ahead of him. RIP.
    UMZ5JFW.jpg
    RkklRac.jpg
    And fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld died last week after a much longer innings, and this tribute by Pegasus has popped up on Great Eastern St. The text up the side reads 'there is no beauty without strangeness'
    cinNfuJ.jpg
    And remember the recent brickwork cheetah chasing the antelope, well on exactly the same piece of wall, the same artist Pad303 has returned....
    6ozKe2V.jpg
    ...and this time left us with a brickwork giraffe and calf.
    aFgzU38.jpg
    And finally we have another new country to add to our collection. My brother is currently in Lithuania and has sent me this. I like how the red 'X' on the building looks like the target for our catapult wielding character.
    HYQmx8Y.jpg

Last edited: 19 Mar 2019
  14. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

Theresa May and Donald Trump's policies nicely summed up in a sentence.
    37BjuT4.jpg

Katherine, DP, Reynard and 2 others like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    booze and cake

zrl2gVZ.jpg
    Not an option for the elephants, they never forget.
    7NPTaXV.jpg
    mwqt726.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice