Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
These three guys will be going out at the weekend after parkrun.

Not brilliant but a first attempt, need finer pointed pens that don't have brush tips!

IMG_20170831_094503_936.jpg
IMG_20170831_094207_449.jpg
IMG_20170831_094111_717.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
^_^ Interesting stuff @AndyRM and @User13710.

A few more from around Shoreditch today.
i91L0aN.jpg

ai8YXtT.jpg

dchlVhP.jpg

And I whooped with joy when I saw this^_^
BMxu0Hh.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
On my way through Farringdon after taking the above pics, I'm doing my usual rubber necking and checking out all side roads and alleys, and out of the corner of my eye I see what looks like an old master painting in Greenhill Rents.
yBgm57f.jpg

uqyY0zk.jpg

I'm no art expert but upon getting home a quick interweb search reveals its a reproduction of Reubens' famous Samson and Delilah painting, the original of which is in the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_and_Delilah_(Rubens). It turns out this painting in Greenhill Rents has been there 10 years, and was part of The Grand Tour, a project by the National Gallery taking some of its works to the streets of London, more info here: https://www.theguardian.com/arts/gallery/2007/jun/12/art.artnews

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Southwark emailed me with the locations of the remaining painted junction boxes, so I went and bagged them yesterday. This is on Borough High St, next to Little Dorrit park:
0ZMZ2z6.jpg

I think the next batch are all associated with new and exotic goods brought to Blighty through the docks. This on Marshalsea Rd:
1GkBbdM.jpg

Glasshill St:
vRGWx2O.jpg

Webber St
kg6XtWj.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the continuity error on this next one in Great Suffolk St, as this next photo was taken today using a different bike. When I went past this yesterday on the Rourke 2 rozzers were arresting/seriously reprimanding someone right by this box, so I figured stopping and taking pictures would have looked like I was photographing the arrest, so I went back today instead.
rBz4KaY.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Over this mornings coffee I discovered a new artist called Run, an Italian called Giacomo Bufarini. He's done some recent pieces so I set off to find them. First up this massive effort on the side of a church in Springall St in Peckham.
7Es7d98.jpg

I discovered he had another small work in Clapton Passage so I bagged that too:
xJSLw7T.jpg

And finally his most recent one, I love this, on Pearl Road Walthamstow.
eqY7h9K.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@SteveF thanks, and yes when it comes to setting a date for a ride and deciding what to visit, I'll do a dedicated post in the recreational rides section:okay:

Here are my bonus finds for the day. Linscott Rd
s4AGC6w.jpg

Tupac Shakur in Dalston
URe0uRO.jpg

These two are next to each other in Jewel Rd, Walthamstow.
I06qu7m.jpg

WGkgK7j.jpg

And finally this whopper just off Victoria Park Rd, Hackney.
icEl7eQ.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Blackstock Rd
FTinDK8.jpg

I found a couple by Pegasus, this Madonna one on Cross St
KX8WLNA.jpg

And on nearby St Peter's Street is Liz 2.0
59vsuQ0.jpg

Essex Rd
HwidfOV.jpg

And this is hidden away down a side alley off Dalston High Rd, and is fantastic.
cXCgran.jpg

Ooo, you found the guy in the shiny yellow suit. :okay: Meant to mention it, but kinda forgot... :blush:

There's a Gandhi on the side of the cocktail bar opposite South Library on Essex Road, and a bird (though not in great nick) in a nearby side street, and a cafe with some nice art on its shutter blinds. There's also at least one more bird up the far end of Chapel Street market, also in a side street.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard funnily enough I saw the bird one on Essex Rd just after photographing the Madonna one above, and like you thought it a bit worse for wear. I'm getting fussy, if I start sounding like Brian Sewell please throw me in the Thames^_^. I will go in search of Gandhi and the other bird though,thanks:okay:.

I was in Caledonian Rd this afternoon trying to get some pics of some pieces at the back of the Market Rd/York Way football pitches. Alas the fences are only about 6 feet away from the wall so I could'nt get back to get a decent view, only a side angle of this chess one.
eH4ZfNP.jpg

Luckily this was placed between two pitches and allowed me to stand back enough to get a proper pic.
OZCahkC.jpg

@Reynard funnily enough I saw the bird one on Essex Rd just after photographing the Madonna one above, and like you thought it a bit worse for wear. I'm getting fussy, if I start sounding like Brian Sewell please throw me in the Thames^_^. I will go in search of Gandhi and the other bird though,thanks:okay:.

LOL! Don't worry, I won't throw you in the Thames... yet... ;)

The bird your looking for just off Chapel market is on Godson Street - it's a peacock btw. The cafe with the nice arty shutter blinds is the one with the worse-for-wear bird on the side. Though you'll need to go by in the evening once it's shut.

I remember there used to be (many years ago) some nice tennis-themed murals near the leisure centre that's between New North Road and Hoxton Street, but I can't remember whether they're still there or not... Not, I think, but I'll have a looksy at some point.

Do have to say, you've got me looking for art while I'm out and about. It's amazing how much we *don't* see when bumbling around on autopilot...

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've been cycling past these in Loughborough Rd for years, they are by Spanish artist David De La Mana, who has works all over the world it seems.
http://daviddelamano.blogspot.co.uk/
eHCCNpL.jpg

I saw this today in Cremer St, Hackney.
pNTvQPf.jpg

It was recently the 20th anniversary of princess Diana's death, and these have appeared in the last few weeks. Firstly this one by Pegasus next to St Giles' Hotel on Bedford Avenue.
AU0DIuy.jpg

....closer view
5DFrAXZ.jpg

And this one by Bambi is in Covent Garden and shows Di as Mary Poppins, the Harrods bag a nod to Dodi Al Fayed, and the text prince William apparently recently revealed was something Di used to say to Wills and Harry as little boys.
v26wyyC.jpg

And finally here is the Gandhi opposite the library on Essex Rd @Reynard mentioned above. I did also visit the bird she mentioned on Chapel Market but felt it was a bit too battered and worn to include.
vm96gxg.jpg

The text is quite hard to read but is a Gandhi quote and says "you must be the change you wish to see in the world", and the story behind when it was said is told here:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2014...st-be-the-change-you-wish-to-see-in-the-world

Last edited:
Top Bottom