Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A few more finds in Camden this afternoon. I've no idea whats going on here but its like a scene from Futurama
i3Of5P0.jpg

EPALJT7.jpg

I love this Batman and Robin climbing up the broken electrical cable
9vohJmC.jpg

And this is also brilliant, turning an overflow pipe into an artwork
qJhFPZO.jpg

Another great Irony piece
2gqU2Ld.jpg

But the one that got the biggest wow from me today is this one by Gnasher, who also did the Billy Bonds and Trevor Brooking West Ham Utd mural on page 10
3meSttE.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Oooh thanks @AndyRM I'll get along there over the next few days and see what I can find. Apparently the internet was duped by more fake news as there was a report last week that Banksy was arrested in Palestine while doing some street art, and his identity was finally revealed. Turns out to be rubbish and a hoax, but of course minor details like fact checking don't stop the likes of trash/fake news outlet CNN reporting it as true.
http://www.business2community.com/w...t-palestine-hoax-01914657#wV0exfOPzd3xc5Uh.97

And @Glow worm, you sir are a star! Taking time out of your hols to get some close up pics for us, running the gauntlet of dodgy local characters in the process, chapeau and thanks very much. I agree with you, I really like that 3rd one. Enjoy the rest of your hols:okay:

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
And @Glow worm, you sir are a star! Taking time out of your hols to get some close up pics for us, running the gauntlet of dodgy local characters in the process, chapeau and thanks very much. I agree with you, I really like that 3rd one. Enjoy the rest of your hols:okay:

No probs- it was a pleasure and an excuse for a bike ride!
I've looked more closely at the first pic and God alone knows what that's all about !

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling

...et voila, 2 new Banksy's in Barbican, it helps to read the blurb AndyRM posted above
5V5SFdJ.jpg

r7zr9qV.jpg

And here's an example of how street art can be modified over time. The very first pic I took at the start of this mission was the ATM Chaffinch in Loughbough Junction, as shown on page 1. This week I noticed someone has made a perch for the bird by adding some old TV's and a chair.
sa8Rx82.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
There's a good selection of portraits on the hoardings of a soulless new development near Liverpool St station.
LDBcIq6.jpg

h1NzlMa.jpg

The colours and style of this one look very familiar.
DU2aTFj.jpg

I thought it looked very much like the 2 from Jewel Road from page 13. Those pieces were'nt signed, but this one is in the bottom right. I can only just make it out and it looks like 'Carne', and after a bit of interwebbing I've found out it is by the same person who did the ones on Jewel Rd, a Carne Griffiths. Their website https://www.carnegriffiths.com/ states the artist makes artwork using tea, vodka, whiskey, brandy and calligraphy ink. I assume this means uses them for the drawing, rather than consuming copious amounts of vodka, whiskey and brandy and then starting the drawing^_^
And here's the final two from the same location.
chCLywm.jpg

hSnHNOw.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
This is on Holloway Road, and as it features a man and a cat on their way to London, and its located in Whittington Park, it has to be Dick Whittington and his cat, though I'm pretty sure the Shard, Gherkin, Tower Bridge and Parliament were'nt there in his day.
Ca83qk3.jpg

And down the hill a bit, on the other side of the road are these two. I'm quite surprised its taken to page 15 to find one with a horse, though I do remember always being rubbish at drawing them myself (along with everything else I should add), I never got the proportion between the head and the body right. Maybe this artist has the same problem and is just sticking with heads for now^_^
459KDSG.jpg

BZ6TB8i.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@nickyboy it is a good one, we had it on page 10:whistle:, but its easy to lose track and worthy of posting again:okay:. In fact he's one of my favourite artists. And @deptfordmarmoset you are correct, that one in Bristol, called 'the duel of Bristol' is by the same person, Conor Harrington. The one of his in Dulwich from page 2 is one of favourites so far, see link here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-4893022

Here's 2 by Colombian artist Stinkfish. The first one on Hanbury St is painted over Laura Zombie's 'I am Groot' which is a shame as I liked that.
3PTecJM.jpg

And here's the other one on Shacklewell Lane
dYbSQxO.jpg

Top Bottom