Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't have the chance to take pics @booze and cake - it's kinda hard when whizzing past on public transport - but there's a couple that might be worth investigating.

One - on the Overground train just outside Shoreditch High Street station, some old Piccadilly Line tube carriages all painted up. Apparently it's part of a whole street art community.

Two - you wanted a bike one... A shop front round the back of Ridley Road market (on the 56 bus route) has a lovely bike scene in red, white and yellow. The shop is called Beryl's Bikes.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard thanks for the spotting:okay:. The one in Shoreditch with the old underground trains is part of Village Underground http://www.villageunderground.co.uk/ and is one of my regular stop off points. I've not been in the bit with the trains as I think that's the club bit, and its never been open when I've been there. But the big wall out the back is a dedicated street art space. It is currently home to the Ben Eine Greenfell tribute
https://i.imgur.com/eGbfujG.jpg
and before that it was this one
https://i.imgur.com/2I0Qdm5.jpg
and before that this
https://i.imgur.com/vGy0wwb.jpg
It was a lovely day to be out on the bike, so I had a day hunting, starting with the bicycle one near Ridley Rd market @Reynard mentioned above, I found it^_^
Px3hzgb.jpg

And after waiting ages for a bicycle one, typically enough I saw another one shortly afterwards. London bus syndrome^_^. I'm still waiting for a decent bus one.
seJv6mM.jpg

Mandrell Rd, Brixton.....we can see you....
G5Zvmlm.jpg

This is simple but I still like it. In Dalston
cpaUVfP.jpg

I saw this on the Regents Canal today, I would'nt have recognised the style before last week, but thanks to @AndyRM 's link to the Banksy and Basquiat piece in the Barbican last week, I now recognise a Basquiat. Banksy is famous for painting rats, so is this a dig at both Basquiat and Banksy being money grabbers or something? I've no idea.
LTJyrQM.jpg

I found an epic Carleen De Sozer one in a back alley in Dalston
4IWIeyo.jpg

And in another Dalston back alley, just round the corner from the amazing baby face one from a few pages pages back, these two have appeared recently.
B7Asm1v.jpg

Wowsers, love this stag beetle.
B8YqBv8.jpg

And this is also new and excellent, outside the Community Garden in Pedley St
lcnogII.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome @booze and cake :okay: You've gotten me into the habit of looking out for art when I'm out and about now. :blush:

Glad you found the bike one, shame you went on a Sunday as Ridley Market is always good for a browse - and for getting bargainous fruit & veg. :blush: My last trip there got me five large avocadoes for £1 :hungry:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Woohoo another country added the list. My mate Liviu, who sent me the street art shadows link on the previous page, spent the weekend in Denmark and visited the famous/infamous Freetown Christiania and got the following pics for me.
BH7xovt.jpg
yS73RTV.jpg

I like the stairs to nowhere effect in this
ZFvcZw3.jpg

FnFlLIM.jpg

bOMSZEM.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I could'nt tell if it was a bike or just a wheel on my small laptop, I keep trying to focus but then my eyes start bleeding. Either way its definitely got more bike than the others^_^ . Liviu does'nt have a bike but I'm regularly on at him to get one.......that one is a work in progress^_^

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Q2AEKZK.jpg

Along from the above is this:
Q1IkQTT.jpg

...which despite not even being human, I instantly recognised as Hunter S Thompson, or rather Johnny Depp playing him in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Check out this pic from the film, the hat, glasses, ciggy holder and shirt confirm it.
8d7.jpg

And this new one on Corsham St is good, the swishing hair reminds me of the old Timotei shampoo advert^_^
ScBIl9p.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Along from the above is this:
View attachment 375551
...which despite not even being human, I instantly recognised as Hunter S Thompson, or rather Johnny Depp playing him in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Check out this pic from the film, the hat, glasses, ciggy holder and shirt confirm it.

Not street art as such, but you bring to mind this...

upload_2017-9-27_11-15-44.png

...which I was amazed to spot recently on the wall of a local restaurant.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@swee'pea99 excellent a Ralph Steadman, he genuinely seems a really cool guy. I laughed heartily at the bit in the following link when he was off his swede on some of Hunter's hallucinogens and attempted to write 'F**k the Pope' on the side of one of the competing yachts at the 1970 America's Cup, that he and Hunter were supposed to be reporting on.,
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/29/ralph-steadman-hunter-s-thompson-gonzo-film
And a first for me today, I bumped into a street artist while he was finishing off one of his works. I have already photographed one of his, its on page 8, this one on Hague St
KuXMQ6X.jpg

And right next to this, today he was doing another, even more impressive one, stunning!
rP6YBSq.jpg

I complimented him on his work and we got chatting, I told him I'd been trekking across the capital in search of street art all summer and asked if he had any others in London I can seek out. He said he had one in Great Eastern St and another in Penge. The Penge one I'll try and bag next week, but Great Eastern St was only a short detour so I bagged that on my way home. Top work and thanks for the tips on the others, cheers fella:okay:
veT2fT8.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
An Artful Dodger David Bowie in Elephant and Castle
c5SrIEy.jpg

And this barn owl by Jane Mutiny is beyond the north circular off Winchester Road in Highams Park, a proper schlep for me from south London.
PLXHEKj.jpg

It burns off plenty of calories all this cycling, and is thirsty work (in Shoreditch)
VSf9YRR.jpg

Top Bottom