Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Bedtime at @AndyRM's? ^_^
7rimeK5.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO

How do you know where I live?!

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@growingvegetables, princelet does seem to be a derogatory term. I'm currently on a train to Birmingham but a brief Google tells me it did used to be called princes street and was renamed princelet street in June 1893 but i cannot see an explanation as to why. Queen Victoria was on the throne then, and she was famously hobbit sized, but her oldest son and later king Edward 7th was an average 5ft 8inches. He was pretty widely liked so as Andy suggests I guess it was named after one of the George's, the 3rd being mad and George 4th was regarded as a bit of a useless fop, don't know how tall he was though..I always think of Hugh Laurie playing him in Blackadder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
On my way up to Wales today I had 30 minutes between arriving at Birmingham Moor Street station until I had to be on another train from Birmingham New Street. Thanks to having a bike I managed to bag this lot and sprint back to the station and board the train a minute before departure:becool:. It felt like a low budget TV challenge with the countdown clock music going on in my head. I'm quite impressed at my haul for just 30 mins in Brum, and a new city added to the collection:okay: Some more cats for @Reynard too^_^
View attachment 378114
Some artists I recognised from works in London, firstly a JimmyC
View attachment 378115
And a Louis Masai
View attachment 378116
And plenty of other good stuff
View attachment 378117 View attachment 378118
View attachment 378119
View attachment 378120
A great Muhammad Ali one and an annoyingly parked car
View attachment 378121
View attachment 378122
View attachment 378123
And a bit of a mystery to finish. The following image I saw in two separate locations in different colours. Is this a famous person from Birmingham or elsewhere, anyone recognise it?
View attachment 378125

Last edited:
Love the one with the statues of Bastet! Thanks so much @booze and cake :thumbsup:

The silhouette / collage of the WW1 cavalry officer really tickles my fancy too. The outline is very much reminiscent of some of the recruitment and military posters of the day.

Top Bottom