Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I came across a photo of what seems to be a new Schade work in Brick Lane. This is a screen grab of it. I've no idea where it is exactly but it does feature a cyclist.
Schade.png

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunca...4t-eecPm8-oZB24D-58WzN9-2NtgdZ-h5J4xF-88ZykT/

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@deptfordmarmoset excellent, my favourite bike one to date:okay:
I saw a new one on Great Eastern St today
yM2iKAY.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @User9609, we have amassed a great collection so far, and thanks to the contributions of others in a short space of time we've already had pics taken in England, Scotland, Wales, France, Holland, Croatia, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Iceland, Uruguay and Argentina that I can recall. I sound a bit like a kids TV presenter but I'd love it to continue so we can slowly see the whole world coloured in.^_^
We have great pics on every page so far, apart from this one, better put that right.....
Here's another Andy Council I found in the Ferdinand Estate in Chalk Farm.
vptjrp8.jpg

I have a horse of his from Bristol, and a elephant from Mile End, and I'm sure he did the dragon @User13710 posted from Gloucester on page 13 too. His works often show buildings in the area they are drawn. He also has 2 murals inside Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, see here:http://andycouncil.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/murals-at-chelsea-westminster-hospital.html
My sister also sent me this by him from Bristol, which she's got since my recent visit. Love the autumn colours in this
0AJlWwD.jpg

Similar colours on this one, also from my sis in Bristol
mJFjcqV.jpg

And finishing off vivid autumn colour watch, I got this in Croydon this morning
jagcAfO.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A few music related ones. First up Elvis in Hackney, forever trapped and unable to leave the building.
qlzB3KP.jpg

Next up is Denmark St, the UK's 'Tin Pan Alley'. A street with about 100 years of music history. Melody Maker and NME were started here, and in addition to music publishers, managers and agents The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and The Kinks made their first recordings here. Most of the music industry has now gone and only the odd guitar job remains, and this....
wFTeKaL.jpg

In the 70's Malcolm McLaren rented out numbers 6 and 7 Denmark St for the Sex Pistols to practice (sic) and record demos, and some of them actually lived there. During this time lead singer Johnny Rotten drew some characters on the wall of some band members and McLaren in black marker pen, and some 40 years later these were 'rediscovered' and somewhat ironically helped secure the address Grade 2 listed status, crude drawings by famous people makes it culture innit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/ne...x-pistols-denmark-street-home-given-listed-s/
I've not seen any Johnny Rotten street art, we had a Sid Vicious back on page 4, and I saw this small one in Croydon recently.
5hdiDQ9.jpg

Last edited:
Spotted a new-ish one while going past Ridley Road market on Monday. Didn't have anything on hand to snap it with though (don't you love being on public transport LOL). Was close to the beginning of the market on the first floor of a building. It's a portrait, but didn't catch much else.

Tim Hall

Did you see this on the BBC News website?
_98454278_0000.jpg

Former nuclear bunker vent in Prague gets an R2D2 make over. Linky
(probably not quite within the guidelines for this thread, as I haven't been to see it myself, but hey)

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @Reynard I will check it out next time I'm over that way, if you don't papp it before me that is. And @Tim Hall that is great and definitely worth posting here, thanks. I could'nt reasonably expect you to get to Prague and back before dinner time^_^. If I ever go to Prague visiting it will be on my to-do list.

I found these 3 all together in the back yard of the Southey Brewing Company SE20. An origami rose by Origami Riot
SsINjnR.jpg

Another Stinkfish, I love the colours he uses, they brighten up any back alley
8GtTpPj.jpg

And this final one is by Maikel Walkman who also did the excellent yellow and black ones on page 8. This crash test dummy one is very small in comparison but I really like it.
4fJm66Z.jpg

Close up
d02dOgi.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
On Olympic Way heading towards Wembley stadium, barely visible in today's misty drizzle......
thAn3dd.jpg

......an obsessive doodler, Mr Doodle, has been let loose on 7 pillars and 12 cinder blocks, totalling 43 million square inches of doodling
Bc6mB8r.jpg

FYTPUxQ.jpg

LYb8ZlE.jpg

The drab weather and all that black and white doodling made me feel a bit colour starved, so on my way home I dropped by Crowthorne Road behind the concrete rainbow of the Westway, and its football pitches. There's a few pieces here I've posted before, including the dog being carried away by balloons, but the archer is new.
hTwAKub.jpg

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I live a very sheltered life on the North Kent coast!!
I never realised that any of this stuff existed. All we seem to have is good , old fashioned scrawling on walls.
There's a whole National Gallery out there!

but keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure something decent will show up in your area eventually,

@HertzvanRental There are a few small bits in Whitstable just down the road from you.

Top Bottom