Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Now i know the artist i remembered seeing more of his work in Richmond a while ago so i nipped out that way on this mornings ride .

38127317906_b082500bc4_z.jpg

26406900079_75e1f6a852_z.jpg

38183488881_fd527ea62d_z.jpg

38183490411_b244cb1e63_z.jpg

24331150088_4ce969648f_z.jpg

26406903089_2807771bd7_z.jpg

37473120374_acee17e6b9_z.jpg

38151418802_c139c93b8c_z.jpg

Those where all down a small alley way . Across the road where these two .

38183485661_a9a28fdbd7_z.jpg

24331142018_3a32816c9f_z.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Good stuff @Cuchilo, a part of town I've not explored so good to see it represented. I was the opposite side of the city today, and found this in Rushmede, off Bethnal Green Rd.
U4xumKQ.jpg

And exploring more east end back alleys I find a couple more Maikel Walkman's. This in Sebright Passage
myd7bPh.jpg

And my favourite, I love the light effects in this, at The Oval, a bit further along Hackney Road
UhcmxM6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Street art must now be viewed by corporations as achingly cool and something they want to be associated with. Rather than the traditional wallpaper type billboards, or the more modern electronic variety, I've noticed a few billboard type adverts go up in Shoreditch (hipster central) recently that have been done by street artists. I guess this must represent a bumper payday, so good for them. Here's two examples, firstly this is on the Village Underground wall in Shoreditch and is for Beck's new album.
wBqBJSq.jpg

I'm not a gamer but this next one is impressive. If I had'nt seen it being done over the course of a couple of days, which is amazingly all it took, I would have thought it was just a printed billboard. I wished I'd got some in progress pics but did'nt have my camera when I first went past it, and when I returned with the camera the next day it was finished!
n2Sjkej.jpg

I'd love to do a time lapse clip of one of these super-size ones being done to see a plain wall transformed into a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Tim Hall

And the Millennials won't recognise this next one. Featuring on the BBC test card which aired from 1967 until 1998, young Carol Hersee, aged 8 at the time of the original photograph, and posing with her own toy clown Bubbles, is one of the most broadcast faces in TV history, having racked up an estimated 70,000 broadcast hours, or nearly 8 years continuously.
View attachment 381008
This one differs from the original as young Carol appears to have swapped the noughts and crosses game she was playing for a reefer. The original pic, a pic of Carol now, and some other info can be found here:http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/667462/Test-Card-Girl-Carole-Hersee-now
View attachment 381009
But without the noughts and crosses game, how am I supposed to set by TV up properly? The X indicates the centre of the screen.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Clocked one on Sunday as I rode down with @User et al alongside the Veteran Cars. Foolishly I didn't stop to get a photo, but it's the entrance to what was the deep air raid shelter at Stockwell. Like this, as found on Wikipedia:
View attachment 382264
By Diliff (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
There are a few of those air raid shelters around London . I saw a few while working on a job over in new cross . I think the one close to clapham is open for tours . A few of the others around that way seem to have been turned into night clubs but im sure thats just the top part .

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Good info gents, thanks. @Tim Hall you've just reminded me of the vertical and horizontal hold buttons on old TV's you'd have to twiddle to get the picture to sit still ^_^. And after seeing @Cuchilo's post I've just had a quick google, and this website has a list of secret bunkers which looked interesting: https://www.higgypop.com/underground/locations/page/4/ Not that they're secret anymore.

A couple of newly discovered pieces by artists I've featured before, firstly a Phlegm in Hackney
GjBeqmK.jpg

In a similarly bizarre vein, here's 2 my sister sent me yesterday from Bristol (she's got the bug now too it seems^_^)
ohE1W2W.jpg

623S648.jpg

Here's a Louis Masai near the Barbican
ZwBqAJZ.jpg

And this final one is in Clare St, E2 and has taken me multiple visits to finally photograph, as its usually partially covered by a door that folds out over it. It was worth the wait.
hOTJFqZ.jpg

... I'm a bit of a luddite really, and I don't have the time or inclination to do a blog too, I think planet earth has suffered enough blogs already ^_^.
God preserve us from blogs! Yup - couldn't agree more .... far too much interminable recycling of trite tripe.

But ...
I'm not just discovering great art works, but learning new stuff along the way, and I'm pleased others are enjoying the journey too:okay:
... hoist on your own petard! :tongue:

Top Bottom