Street Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Excellent work all. @nickyboy Uruguay and Argentina are definitely the farthest flung places we've had so far, amazing travelling all that way for this thread:notworthy:I've only got as far as Bristol, home of.....
54h5DeS.jpg

Given a more modern twist here....(note the King Robbo, Basquiat crown at the top^_^)
WsvxP36.jpg

Of course Wallace and Grommit hail from here too
2ICOOHL.jpg

I rode 25 miles around the City today and took loads of pics, I'll post the rest tomorrow when I'm back in London, but here's a few more for now
sTM3Nxc.jpg

Em5hFZn.jpg

FaMICAV.jpg

3G8fJD2.jpg

aJyPflp.jpg

And this John Lennon is amazing
eJUKYwI.jpg

The rest will follow tomorrow, keep them coming folks:okay:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This thread has opened my eyes to the beauty of street art so a "big up" to @booze and cake

Here's one I like very much I saw popping out for something to eat

IMG_20171015_182217.jpg

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@HertzvanRental its great isn't it, that's how I look at it, an ever changing free gallery. I do see rubbish ones too to be fair, but they obviously don't make the final cut. Some cities are more accommodating of outdoor art than others, but keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure something decent will show up in your area eventually, maybe not the scale of some of the huge ones here, but I still get excited about the small ones too. I know Bristol is a hot spot so was expecting to find lots there, but I'd just been in rural Wales for a few days, with a scarcity of streets so no street art to speak of, but cycling along one day I screeched to a halt upon seeing this. OK its no Constable but I still whooped with delight from the surprise of finding it in such rural surrounds, and it still made me smile more than any other normal bus stop would.
WG2KPTb.jpg
^_^

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And here's some more Bristol treasure from yesterdays ride. These street artists get about as I recognised quite a few artists from works in London and even one from my short stop in Birmingham last week. I'll start off with the wildlife spots, firstly some more birds by Aspire
Re4tHHX.jpg

vlcVAcX.jpg

RGGInOs.jpg

This is really simple but still really nice
eQpaBs4.jpg

A red squirrel
v8IGqXu.jpg

And how about a robin and red squirrel in the same picture? No problem.
unot1B5.jpg

My favourite bird one is by the always brilliant Irony and Boe, so good^_^
ITUBh2b.jpg

Some cool city frogs
1Uoyv0l.jpg

I remember in London a few years ago there was loads of elephants dotted around the city that had been painted all sorts of colours, and they were auctioned off for charity at the end of their public showing, well Bristol has had the same thing recently with Gorillas, here's one.
yfgamNY.jpg

I was beginning to wonder where the foxes were, but soon after came across this stylish specimen
J2eRhdA.jpg

I think this is some kind of horse, by Andy Council who did the AT-AT elephant in Mile End
MhkVbUJ.jpg

Rabbits
CqiGIyR.jpg

This was on the side of a vet building
wCl6KqN.jpg

I saw a turtle by Louis Masai
70QMQvz.jpg

It was still warm enough for the reptiles to be out too
KZboCYL.jpg

Definitely too warm for these poor things, love this, amazingly detailed
ziGIUTK.jpg

I also came across this, part of a series of 15 around the postcode area BS5. This is the only one I saw but a brilliant idea, it caused a proper double take....have I just seen a shark out of the corner of my eye:wacko:, err yes I have
iWDhFRq.jpg

And who better to look after all the animals than another treasure, a national one
4M70NB5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Reynard, I agree, I can't draw at all so am in wide eyed wonderment at all of it^_^. And that's brilliant about the municipal buildings in Buenos Aries @nickyboy, I'm sure if we were given free rein to write what we really thought about many of our MP's on their office walls they'd be in for a harsh reality check^_^ . I did find this Tony Benn graffiti on the wall of the Labour constituency office in Bristol which was done with the blessing of the Benn family and Labour office.
qFn9gkr.jpg

I'd be up for more pubs being painted too, I did see this one wall of a pub painted in Bristol
extlqHN.jpg

And this one was given the all over treatment. I imagine if you'd never been here before, and rocked up after a few shandies you'd probably think you'd had enough to drink already, and that maybe it was spiked
J2rgelR.jpg

Here's a really old Banksy, 'the mild, mild west'
2oJplhH.jpg

This is a real colour explosion
HJ3kvXJ.jpg

Underwater badger love? I have no idea but like the colours of this too.
zeelr9R.jpg

Loving how much use this small section of building hoardings is getting, that bottom step looks naked!
h1GRngE.jpg

A Stinkfish
8Jaf8Zt.jpg

I have absolutely no idea whats going on here but like it anyway.
Z72xEPI.jpg

This was done by the same artist as one of the Birmingham ones I got last week
9XFsJSV.jpg

q83mmLH.jpg

This was done by the same person who did the puppet on strings in Walthamstow
a16SBK6.jpg

Here's a Hokusai wave featuring a Phlegm
EVEoi8s.jpg

And these remind me of the excellent Belle Vue Rendezvous
KFEARyj.jpg

ZHC4i1j.jpg

That last one's got cats *AND* bikes on it! :biggrin:

I'm quite traditional in my art tastes truth be told. Basquiat does nothing for me for instance, Banksy perhaps more so, if only because of the humour. But some of this street art, if it were prints, I'd definitely be buying.

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
And here's the final batch from my Bristol visit
UoKIbRR.jpg

sI74Ma0.jpg

This is my favourite tree one to date
GL9RSV9.jpg

These were all in the City Centre
99Spu4C.jpg

iI93Ctu.jpg

CM1S6RP.jpg

yRjnXD3.jpg

I love this on the climbing centre of the girl removing the sign, its by one half of the Irony and Boe duo, Irony
mW7Ejzl.jpg

Break dancing Jesus
XDpvmt1.jpg

0oavBHn.jpg

L4Ik5Ct.jpg

And these last 3 finish the trip off in style
PpHSrjE.jpg

bd2yOLc.jpg

iPOWl0S.jpg

Thanks Bristol, a true street art champion city:okay:

OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Thanks @swee'pea99 As Morpheus says in the Matrix, ....if you take the red pill....
NkHUmfz.jpg

...you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes'
VqJ2pUr.jpg

It may seem like a mammoth effort....
63vO6jk.jpg

....but its not me bending over backwards.......
6g3RmJL.jpg

.....I am just the messenger, credit goes to the artists, they are the ones continually coming up with the magic
Eo0foTC.jpg

^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
booze and cake

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Don't worry @AndyRM it looks like the Whitley Bay chapter of The Red Hand Gang are already on the case. (shows age)

We have another country to add to the list. My friend Liviu's girlfriend was in Munich last week with work, and while out for a run (I know right, running?? Apparently its a thing people without bikes do^_^) she bagged this for me. Its great to have all these globe trotting spotters, thanks Nicoleta:okay:
6Cj3203.jpg

Here's a rapid runner on a break in Camden
zwruBIe.jpg

This is much more my speed
NjBTrY8.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom