Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Breaking news just in:-

Davy very afraid of the north, it's them there big hills and all that...

I suspect your arrival back home will be very late Sat or indeed early Sun, put the collection of the speakers off until Sunday and come and ride your bike...

longers

Legendary Member
I knew there was something I meant to do at work today.

Print off the map and routesheet ;)

Hopefully MacB will lend me one of his laminated ones.

mike e

Thanks Sig, yes we will have lot's of pics:-

Simon enjoying a mug of tea in a layby next to a caravan (in lieu of bistro's and fine clarets's)

Riders from south of the Watford Gap finding out what real hills are like...:thumbsdown:

Northern riders "breezing" up hills...;)

Some lovely views of fine Yorkshire countryside...

Hope the party go's well, see you in a week

mike e

Question time ???

Creaky bottom bracket but with no play...;)

1) Leave as is for now, replace on Sunday, ride bike next week on commute to work to ensure all is well for next Friday night?

2) Replace tonight and hope all is well for the morning?

Spanners waiting and ready.................

iLB

Hello there
anyone wanting to read something on the way up feel free to buy cycling weekly and pass it on to a poor needy student... :biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ilovebikes said:
anyone wanting to read something on the way up feel free to buy cycling weekly and pass it on to a poor needy student... :biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

if it'son sale at CJ I'll get you a copy

Mike, I spent ages trying to sort the creaky BB on my Giant, via LBS. Then changed pedals and creak was gone, yet we were all certain it wasn't the pedals.

Oh yeah, tray of flapjack in oven courtesy of the sultry Jane

redjedi

Über Member
mike e said:
Question time ???

Creaky bottom bracket but with no play...:biggrin:

1) Leave as is for now, replace on Sunday, ride bike next week on commute to work to ensure all is well for next Friday night?

2) Replace tonight and hope all is well for the morning?

Spanners waiting and ready.................

Try just tightening the BB, cranks and pedals. If you've got time take them all off, grease and re-fit.
Still creaking? then blame it on Aperitif's knees :biggrin:

Weather up-date for the southerners: Chilly start but warming up nicely, no rain but a few clouds. Temps could be close to 20c by the afternoon :laugh:

Northerners: Your Summer continues :biggrin:

mike e

Teef and co are probably in bed now (not together:biggrin:) ready for their early start so they will no doubt be reading this early in the morning just before setting off?

Hope you have a good journey and looking forward to seeing for the ride up here.

One last thing to remember:-

It's not about North v South and who's the best............

We all know the answer to that...............................:blush:

Top Bottom