Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Just walked in through the door!!!

A most excellent of day's out.

Fantastic:-

Company
Weather
Route
Pub Stop

5 people are currently driving back to London down the M1 "Happy as Larry"

Another is riding back to Oldham

We came from far and wide and it was well worth the effort.

Further reports and pictures to follow

:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
I got in at 6 o'clock.

49 miles. My average speed was 9.7mph. 1670m climbing. Fantastic views. Excellent weather.

The company was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to wait for me to get to the top of hills :smile:

Thanks to marinyork for organising this. It was a fantastic ride.

longers

Legendary Member
Hardly!

You missed a great bunch of people Dan, really good folk. And the ride was pretty decent too.

Thanks all, good to meet you and thanks Marin York for organising it.

Chris James

Über Member
They picked a lovely day. Perfect blue skies in my garden in Huddersfield. I would have joined you all except that my wife has just had an operation and I had to look after her and the kids.

That and the thought of Strines had me running scared. That switchback ... bit steep..

markg0vbr

Über Member
if it was you lot i spotted riding along just after 13:15 ish with the chap videoing with one of them mini cameras i was going the other way waving on my BMW motorbike.:rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
dan_bo said:
woke up this morning and realised I was tired, and

Tired...sheesh.....

Wife usually does the Gym Sat's but went into town shopping (she's got a big school reunion doo next week), so had kids, did party drop offs, shopping, then back out to get some pics we've had done....:rolleyes:.

Would have been great to do the ride - bet Longers clocked somewhere near 100 miles ?

longers

Legendary Member
markg0vbr said:
if it was you lot i spotted riding along just after 13:15 ish with the chap videoing with one of them mini cameras i was going the other way waving on my BMW motorbike.:rolleyes:

Ah, I don't think that was us, there was more camera action than a coachload of tourists at Edinburgh Castle but no videos. I think :biggrin:.

mike e

Glad you made it home ok longers, not that it will have been a problem for you, in fact you probably had a fantastic ride home into that sunset!

markg0vbr

Über Member
it was in low bradfiled, they looked a decidedly motley lot, so remembering the ride was today, my thoughts went straight to cc riders :rolleyes: i think it was the slightly (we are on Holiday from the asylum) look about them;)

longers

Legendary Member
^ maybe it was us then as that's a pretty good description :biggrin:

Good to meet you today Mike, the ride home was grand and the descent into Glossop was superb :rolleyes:

- and this beer is delicious!

Top Bottom