Strong tyre levers - any recommendations please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No one has mentioned the real benefit of the Park blue levers, which is that they clip neatly together so that they can be carried round as a set, taking up little room in your bag. They also catch nicely on the spoke so that they stay in place while you work the next one into place. It seems we are all agreed!
The Topeak ones I have work well with M+, clip together, and catch onto the spoke well too. :thumbsup:

Peteaud

Veteran
I use little blue Scwalbre levers, but if the tyre is being troublesome I also use profanity.

Same here, and the LBS mechanic uses them as well.

Proto

Legendary Member
I swear tyres have got harder to fit since the introduction of tubeless rims (I’m still on tubes. This may change soon) and I managed to break a Pedro‘s lever yesterday so I’m in the market for replacements. Not too fussed about cost.

I need:
1: something to carry on the bike
2: something for the workshop

Recommendations please!

si_c

Guru
Another vote for Park Levers. They're quite small so easy to get under the bead and they are pretty well indestructable in my experience.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I have several sets of old-fashioned metal ones. They are indestructible and, no, I have never damaged a rim using them.

Proto

Legendary Member
Thanks all, metal seems the way to go.

Never seen the Tyre Glider before, I'll get one.

Anyone used pliers?

1658399368342.png

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
A pair of Park levers (for removal) and a TyreKey lever for refitting works for me. Wouldn't recommend the TyreKey for wider tyres (>32) but they're normally an easy fit anyway.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cut the end off an old metal spoon, an old toothbrush. You can of course use just about anything as long as it is strong enough with no sharp edges. My favourite is a old plastic rectangular Michelin one I’ve had for years.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Cut the end off an old metal spoon, an old toothbrush. You can of course use just about anything as long as it is strong enough with no sharp edges. My favourite is a old plastic rectangular Michelin one I’ve had for years.

that works on old clunky bikes, but not ones with modern rims designed as "tubeless ready". read the OP!!!

Top Bottom