Struggling to find a power meter non-drive crank arm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VAB_Ride

Hi,
As the title says, I'm struggling to find a power meter crank arm to replace my non-drive crank arm (which has become a bit squeaky!).
I have a Raleigh Mustang Comp road bike with the default XLC 1x11 40T crankset and BSA external bottom bracket.
Every power meter I look at seems made for the Shimano multi-spline crankset... so any advice from the cycle gurus (other than change my crankset... unless that's the only option)

Vicky

rivers

How far can I go?

si_c

Guru
Your best option is to replace your crankset with a Shimano unit as that will give you broadest compatibility across power meter brands.

I strongly suggest going nowhere near Avio, especially for a non-Shimano crank. Bitter experience talking here.
I gave up on my Avio in the end and went with a 4iiii. The avio would take too long to wake up often and it seal became damaged meaning a splash would see it eat the batteries, had me fearing to cycle in the wet. They've sent a new seal however, so I might try it again over winter though rather than exposing my 4iiii, as I found the Avio remarkably consistent with the 4iiii. That was a factory fit on a shimano crank though. Although they've apparently improved the cap/seal I haven't heard anything positive when it's not factory fit and shimano.

Top Bottom