Stuck with a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Evans will but they clearly build the loss into their business model and as most customers won't return their bike, they must find that the odd hit is worth it to attract more buyers

https://www.evanscycles.com/help/right-bike-guarantee
Evans are also a large retailer who can afford to take the odd hit. Most LBS can't.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I gave up on new bicycles after my first one, as it was just not suited. I sold it on after a few years of trying to get used to it. Sometimes bicycles are just not right, something you need to find out after some time. I was talked into that model after finding out I had not money for what I wanted, so I settled for less, and it wound up being less, to my disappointment. I find I can get a lot more bicycle on the used market than I can new, and what is there to really wear out about a bicycle that isn't revealed by inspection? (except the rider, after about 100 kilometers)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
He just said he couldn't ride it any more, not that anything was wrong with it. Maybe we'll never know unless he tells us, or perhaps he doesn't want anyone to know.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for someone finally asking what we've all been thinking.
They've said they're stuck with a bike, watching the thread, but don't answer.

OP
OP
S

Steelchap

Regular
Ha, most amusing. I don't live on the forum so hope suspense wasn't too crushing.

I got a carbon synapse. I took it out for a 60mile test ride to really see what's what. And the ride compliance is awful. Every bump felt. The road buzz left my fingers in pain an having to ride on the centre of the bars.
The worst thing is it's a bitch to get one's feet out the clips. I fell off twice in traffic as i was frantically trying to get out of spds. Never had problems on my old bike with same pedals an shoes.

Then theres the rattling from the internal cables on Berkshires finest roads. Basically i can't stand the bike. If this is what carbon bikes are like, i must be some kind of delicate flower. This is why i was querying what others have done when stuck with a bike. I'd probably loose £5-600 on it if i sold it.

I don't think my story is relevant to what i asked. Which is peoples experiences in this situation.

vickster

Legendary Member
Change the pedals ? :smile: You do have to get to used to SPDs

My carbon bike doesn't rattle...cables are external though

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ha, most amusing. I don't live on the forum so hope suspense wasn't too crushing.

I got a carbon synapse. I took it out for a 60mile test ride to really see what's what. And the ride compliance is awful. Every bump felt. The road buzz left my fingers in pain an having to ride on the centre of the bars.
The worst thing is it's a bitch to get one's feet out the clips. I fell off twice in traffic as i was frantically trying to get out of spds. Never had problems on my old bike with same pedals an shoes.

Then theres the rattling from the internal cables on Berkshires finest roads. Basically i can't stand the bike. If this is what carbon bikes are like, i must be some kind of delicate flower. This is why i was querying what others have done when stuck with a bike. I'd probably loose £5-600 on it if i sold it.

I don't think my story is relevant to what i asked. Which is peoples experiences in this situation.
Until we knew what was wrong, no-one could answer your question?

Top Bottom