Stuff that happens as you get older

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I went from commuting an hour each way, into a life of retirement. Had visions of long days in the saddle, but in reality, have very little time for cycling. The number of hospital appointments and Check ups for me and the OH are never ending. Demands from daughters to baby sit our grand children. DIY projects that I was able to put off when I was working, but now have no excuses. Shopping trips that my OH took total responsibility for, are now shared trips. Taking those holidays we promised ourselves.

All in all, I'm lucky to get a couple of rides in each week.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For you maybe, mine is showing no signs of thinning, although it is greying :sad:

Same here, and I'm a fella. Too much. Have to keep chopping it, but getting very grey.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I went from commuting an hour each way, into a life of retirement. Had visions of long days in the saddle, but in reality, have very little time for cycling. The number of hospital appointments and Check ups for me and the OH are never ending. Demands from daughters to baby sit our grand children. DIY projects that I was able to put off when I was working, but now have no excuses. Shopping trips that my OH took total responsibility for, are now shared trips. Taking those holidays we promised ourselves.

All in all, I'm lucky to get a couple of rides in each week.

Busy this retirement lark. I plan not telling family, otherwise duties may be insisted upon. Way off grandkids yet.

OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
I think the normal amount can lead to balding, so less of it would mean less balding? :whistle:

From Google (so it must be correct).
Testosterone itself doesn't directly cause hair loss. However, increasing your testosterone levels can also increase your levels of DHT, causing damage to your hair follicles and speeding up the effects of male pattern baldness.

One other effect of aging for me is that I have to wear a cap under my helmet for comfort and to prevent sunburn.

OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
What an inspirational thread that makes me feel young and that's just everybody else's ages ;)

Where's the middle finger emoji?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One other effect of aging for me is that I have to wear a cap under my helmet for comfort and to prevent sunburn.
I earned my stripes! :okay:

I have a bandana which is more comfortable in warm weather. In hot weather I usually soak it in cold water. In very hot weather (on the very rare occasions that we get it!) it is always a problem keeping cool.

I made the mistake of going out in hot weather without my bandana on under my helmet once and burned red stripes into my bald patch.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I used to go downhill like the clappers but now I have slowed right down as I say to myself : " If my brakes fail, I'm dead." Coming down the Great Orme a few days ago, there is a 20% slope. I walked it .
Sure sign of getting older and fully aware that life is precious.

Sharky

Guru
I used to go downhill like the clappers but now I have slowed right down as I say to myself : " If my brakes fail, I'm dead." Coming down the Great Orme a few days ago, there is a 20% slope. I walked it .
Sure sign of getting older and fully aware that life is precious.

What did the Little Orme say to the Great Orme? (or was it the other way round?)

hiya cliff

Sorry, its an old joke, but you reminded me of it.

Top Bottom