Stuff you don't need on tour.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I borrowed a hammer once on tour from a BMW garage to do some fettling.

I dont see anything wrong with the hammer - its very small probably weighs about the same as my rubber mallet - I carried a small hammer around Sardinia plus a not so small screwdriver to make pilot holes for tent pegs - toilet would seem to be a neat solution

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its a lot of gear and I am sure it could be reduced with a bit of thought. But I am not one for cutting my toothbrush in half to save half a gram. I wouldnt tour without my thermal cup. It must weigh 500g but keeps my drink hot for hours. When it is belting down and I am hiding to keep out of the wind and rain, a hot drink is well worth the extra weight.

I dont see anything wrong with the hammer - its very small probably weighs about the same as my rubber mallet - I carried a small hammer around Sardinia

You some sort of travelling latter day accabadora* smiffy?

I can't think what you'd ever need a hammer for with a bike - touring or at home - for bashing tent pics in I use one of those surprisingly effective plastic mallets.

Is the "toilet" just a lightweight seat he uses for sitting on in camp as an alternative to a foam sitmat? Or perhaps it's a picture frame for his anticipated selfies?

* google, then google translate it

Handlebars look to be quite low and forward, bet he gets a bad back and neck after a few miles oiking that weight around.

You some sort of travelling latter day accabadora* smiffy?

I can't think what you'd ever need a hammer for with a bike - touring or at home - for bashing tent pics in I use one of those surprisingly effective plastic mallets.

Have bricks and stones gone out of fashion?

I think he probably has more experience of the type of pitch he is likely to get in his travels than you have ^_^

IMG_1521.JPG

looking at that one of those pathetic plastic hammers wouldn't cut it

Top Bottom