Stuff you don't need on tour.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wifflebat

Regular
I've never toured on a bike and can't see it happening anytime soon...though I do like the sound of it.
Stupid Q but what do you do with your bike while you sleep? Just chain it up somewhere as close as possible to the tent? Entwine it in the guy ropes so a thievery attempt wakes you up and you can attack them with your hammer?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
For some reason the photographs remind me of The Generation Game with Brucie
:bicycle:

He does carry a cuddly toy:

IMG_1514.JPG

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=tS&page_id=495959&v=p

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
2 tubes of toothpaste.... I will be interested to see how he does. He only has a relatively short distance to cover in 5 mths (about 5000km) so only 33km a day.

If those are jetboil pans he's splashed a fair amount of money on them. My son won a jetboil in a comp and I briefly thought of keeping it until I added up costs of things I might need with it and decided it was waaayyy too much money.

Brains

Legendary Member
The first lot that is going is every item in this photo !
Bed !
Chair!
2nd Sleeping bag!
loo seat!
Lilo!
Table!

upload_2017-3-3_20-53-3.png

MarkF

Guru
It's bonkers, what a palaver every night, I notice similar on many US riders tales on CGAOB. This bike is nuts, if he was setting out along the Nullarbor Plain on his own, fair enough, but he is in the USA with every convenience he could wish for available at regular intervals.

IMG_0969.JPG

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've never toured on a bike and can't see it happening anytime soon...though I do like the sound of it.
Stupid Q but what do you do with your bike while you sleep? Just chain it up somewhere as close as possible to the tent? Entwine it in the guy ropes so a thievery attempt wakes you up and you can attack them with your hammer?
AroundTheSite-OffTheTracksSpring2013-PB08.jpg

Use it to hold the tent up. :becool:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The first lot that is going is every item in this photo !
Bed !
Chair!
2nd Sleeping bag!
loo seat!
Lilo!
Table!

View attachment 340696

The lilo looks similar to an Exped air and so that could stay. The table and chair looks like those that cost an arm and a leg and and fold down to almost nothing and weigh even less and so they can stay as well. He has got some good gear. But seems to have an awful lot of it. Someone should send him the TCR link.

It's bonkers, what a palaver very night, I notice similar on many US riders tales on CGAOB. This bike is nuts, if he was setting out along the Nullarbor Plain on his own, fair enough, but he is in the USA with every convenience he could wish for available at regular intervals.

View attachment 340698
Apart from the somewhat big looking bar bag (oh and the flag/sail) that's surely not so extreme?

Top Bottom