Stupid Carbon Fibre Cages!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
made your bike lighter and faster which with carbon cages is the whole idea ^_^

mattobrien

Guru
I have got two Arundle Mandible carbon cages. Not chance of losing a water bottle out of them.

Annoying to lose your bottle though, hope it didn't spoil your ride.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Hope it didn't spoil your ride.
Not really, I turned for home a little earlier than planned but overall it was a decent ride.

I've just been to fuel my van up ready for the week and then had a mooch and I've found them. They were about 3 miles into my ride. Not much use to anyone now though! :sad:

20140309_161227.jpg

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
How did you not notice either of them falling out? :scratch:
The joys of listening to music I'd guess, (but I wouldn't have it any other way ;)).

I have felt bottles jump out in the past, (bigger bottles though, never these ones), but I never felt a thing this time, and obviously didn't hear anything either, I've also never had two go either :surrender:

I'd cleaned the bike before I went out today, and after drying the frame I always wipe it down with a cloth and some GT85, I can only think some GT has got inside the cages and eased the way for the bottles to bounce out.

Can't afford new bottles and cages, so the cages are going to get cleaned and I might look at fitting some thin rubber on the inside edges of them.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
They about £8 a bottle?
Yup, worth it though I've used them for years.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
The joys of listening to music I'd guess, (but I wouldn't have it any other way ;)).

I have felt bottles jump out in the past, (bigger bottles though, never these ones), but I never felt a thing this time, and obviously didn't hear anything either, I've also never had two go either :surrender:

I'd cleaned the bike before I went out today, and after drying the frame I always wipe it down with a cloth and some GT85, I can only think some GT has got inside the cages and eased the way for the bottles to bounce out.

Can't afford new bottles and cages, so the cages are going to get cleaned and I might look at fitting some thin rubber on the inside edges of them.

Or some sticky Velcro, some on the side of ur bottle and on the bit where the bolts are on ur bottle cage.

Top Bottom