Stupid ********** weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sunday: Was planning a 40 miler.
Weather says different. Snow.
You realise yesterday was Sunday :wacko:

snorri

Legendary Member
Sunday: Was planning a 40 miler.
Weather says different. Snow.
Snow in March is not unusual, it would have been prudent to have had a Plan B.
I didn't plan cycling on Sunday due to a poor forecast but the weather turned out OK on the day so I put Plan B into action and had an enjoyable run on the bike:smile:.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I didn't waste any time clearing snow for my two elderly neighbours because they never set foot outside the house.

Reactions: Dor

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I didn't waste any time clearing snow for my two elderly neighbours because they never set foot outside the house.

Blinkin’ old people interfering. Every year I do two and for a few years I did a third whilst he was still alive. This morning I went out to clear paths, pavements and get up to my chickens and my elderly neighbour had been up and cleared MY path.

Fair play, but I suspect there’s a bit of oneupmanship going on. In revenge, I’ll get up on his roof later and write a rude word in the snow.

Last edited:
Everyone cancelled on me both Sat/ Sun which wasn't on hindsight wasn't a bad thing. I've been down on power for a bit, then dramatically down on power last Sunday. I've been putting it down as stress. Turns out it was a haemhorroid I passed last Saturday. Being light whilst Ive had discomfort (I put it down to rear end shunt from a car 5 years back when the symptoms began) it's not been debilitating

D

Deleted member 1258

No ride planned for yesterday as family visiting, our son cancelled but no chance of a ride due to weather, my planned ride this morning has been put back to this afternoon, and it still doubtful, cafe's closed do to the weather and its still very cold with ice about, tomorrows promising but I've got a yoga class. :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
No ride planned for yesterday as family visiting, our son cancelled but no chance of a ride due to weather, my planned ride this morning has been put back to this afternoon, and it still doubtful, cafe's closed do to the weather and its still very cold with ice about, tomorrows promising but I've got a yoga class. :wacko:
Presumably your yoga class isn’t a full day affair? Otherwise you must be stretchy like Mrs Incredible :biggrin:

C R

Guru
I was planning to cycle to the dentist at lunchtime, but the wind is brutal, and still rather chilly. For one reason or another I haven't managed to get out on the bike for three weeks now. I am starting to feel quite annoyed about it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I cancelled my 100 km forum ride on Saturday due to snow, ice and freezing wind.

No improvement yesterday so I then abandoned today's planned 50 mile ride to Oxford to meet a friend for a chat.

Now not able to use my rail ticket from Oxford directly so bought another ticket to get me back to Coventry to board the service there. I got back to my sister's house and discovered that I could have bought an Advance ticket for this afternoon and saved myself a fiver - humph! (I thought Advance tickets had to be booked several days in, er, advance. The whole idea is stupid - why cut prices a couple of hours before travelling but not a couple of minutes?)

D

Deleted member 1258

Presumably your yoga class isn’t a full day affair? Otherwise you must be stretchy like Mrs Incredible :biggrin:

Its a morning class, which leaves the afternoon, but I did an afternoon ride after yoga last week and was seriously knackered afterwards so I'd like to ride today and not tomorrow.

Top Bottom