Suez canal traffic jam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Looks like they were dicking around on approach!!

Brains

Legendary Member
I don’t want to put ideas in anyone’s head, but a well planned terror attack could close the canal for months by sinking a couple of huge tankers.

Already been done .....

The reason why I got a job in the maritime business 45 years ago this month was because, despite being 8-10 years younger than all the others in the room, I was the only one that knew the answer to a question.

"Why would a ship be detained in the bitter lakes ?"

The Yellow Fleet

Engineers looking at possibility of unloading some of the cargo^_^.
If I was local and watching the daily spectacle of tugs and chains and ropes getting nowhere fast I would be asking around as to what sort of cargoes might be in the upper level containers.

postman

Legendary Member
Where is International Rescue when you need it...
Sod them I would not trust David Miliband to open my gate let alone the canal.

I think we at CycleChat can do better, be better than this. If we can fix someones dodgy transmission issues remotely, then refloating a boat should be easy.
The call for ideas is out.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Does anyone remember that scene in Austin Powers where he tries a multiple-point turn in a narrow alley with the electric vehicle?😄

Communicate to Skippy the Bush Kangaroo to inform Flipper that a big container ship is jammed in a vital canal and request multiple cetaceans to assist in the effort to move the ship.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I think we at CycleChat can do better, be better than this. If we can fix someones dodgy transmission issues remotely, then refloating a boat should be easy.
The call for ideas is out.
Start to pump helium into the containers in the bows until it floats like a balloon ...

Top Bottom