Sugar in Tea ,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
This is not political, When you work with Indian guys and they ask you to their houses do not say yes to a cup of tea made by their Mother/Aunt/Granny Sugar is very much part of their affluence and you're likely to get a cup with at least 4 teaspoons in it, the younger ones aren't too bad for this but for the older ones plenty of sugar is a sign of wealth and if you're offered 'Chai' or Masala Tea I'd say try it, just for the experience.

Slightly off topic, sorry....

But, I also worked on another couple of jobs (Middle East and Gibraltar) with an Indian chap, we became quite good friends. On one occasion, he invited myself, wife, and two of our children, to eat at his home. His wife served up delicious "Indian" food. Our two daughters (early teens at the time) could not get enough, and asked her for the recipe. Our daughters were expecting a list of ingredients and complex instructions, instead, she produced a jar of Pataks!

gbb

Legendary Member
I always took......

I can tell you, that time working in former USSR was an experience, not to be repeated, and, an excellent diet too, I lost a stone in weight.
I had the same in Uruguay for different reasons . Bloomin bland, uninspiring food..I lost a stone in two weeks, took me ages to get my stomach back to normal.

Sugar ?..Just a half spoonful for me, just to take the edge off. I could easily go without. .but prefer a smidgeon.

mustang1

Guru
Sugar in tea is a no no for me. I changed from builders tea to green tea some years ago to try and keep hydrated to help with some muscular issues. It took me a while to get used to it but once I had it was great and I would never go back. I reckon you could probably retrain your taste buds within a fortnight or less.

I thought green tea has much caffeine therefore is anti-hydrating?

Slick

Guru
I thought green tea has much caffeine therefore is anti-hydrating?
To be honest I've never done Amy research on particular levels but it is caffeine free green tea I take. It was a chiropractor that told me to make the switch as every time I would get to an appointment he reckoned he could tell I was dehydrated. I've been on it for a number of years now and have grown to prefer it, but I'm none the wiser if it works or not to be honest.

Try changing your tea. I gave it up easily in coffee, but had to switch to Rooibos tea ( I have that black with no sugar). Builder's tea is intolerable without sugar for me.
Yes that's the way to do it pretty much any other tea is fine without sugar, jasmine, Assam, oolong etc great without milk and sugar... You just can't dunk a double Choccy hobnob in them

pjd57

Veteran
I stopped drinking tea for about a month then started drinking small amounts without any sugar to get used to the taste.

Top Bottom