Sugar in Tea ,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I'm having to wean myself off sugar for health reasons , and not doing to bad , but I just can't have Cuppas without , I've tried sweetener , not keen on that , but tea without,
Yak ety yak !!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sugar in tea?
Nope

In coffee yes, tea no.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Incredibly painful toothache stopped me putting sugar in tea for a few weeks... when the tooth got sorted i returned to putting sugar in my tea and Yikes! ...far too sweet! I still need a bit in coffee though.

Slick

Guru
Sugar in tea is a no no for me. I changed from builders tea to green tea some years ago to try and keep hydrated to help with some muscular issues. It took me a while to get used to it but once I had it was great and I would never go back. I reckon you could probably retrain your taste buds within a fortnight or less.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As above ...

The weaning process is quick and effective. I think I took about a month to go down from 2 teaspoons a mug to zero, in 1/2 teaspoon steps. The only time I can stand sugar in tea now is when I am absolutely knackered on a bike ride and close to bonking, and that would be a badly planned hilly ride of 100 miles or more.

Friends and family have done the same thing. Even my brother-in-law has finally cut sugar out, having sworn that he couldn't/wouldn't.

I do put 1 sugar (or a small amount of honey) in a large coffee.

midlife

Guru
Gave up sugar in tea a long time ago...............

51mkDkAiERL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
No sugar in tea or coffee for me,can't stand the stuff
This. Not since I was about 15

I can just about drink tea with a tiny bit of sugar. Coffee not at all

Maenchi

StoneDog
just stop if you want to , I used to pile sugar on cereals and in cups of tea when I was a kid, then when I was 19 I changed and stopped to putting sugar on anything, ......molasses is healthier.......

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Try changing your tea. I gave it up easily in coffee, but had to switch to Rooibos tea ( I have that black with no sugar). Builder's tea is intolerable without sugar for me.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Try changing your tea. I gave it up easily in coffee, but had to switch to Rooibos tea ( I have that black with no sugar). Builder's tea is intolerable without sugar for me.
Strange........I also found that. Stopped having it in coffee.........no problem.
Took me weeks (maybe months) to enjoy tea without.
Now, even the thought of tea with sugar makes me fell sick.

Top Bottom