Suggest a 2 man tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tbtb

I'd be wary of the Easton one for it's high mesh content - bit breezy, full mesh inners, I've found, even in south of France July. Maybe that's just me! The Laserlarge looks great - though it's 2.1kg minimum weight, which is w/o pegs, guys, etc - it's 2.3kg in real life, if that's important. If you use the terranova site, you can get 30% off non-clearance stuff using the trade-in offer.

Other options worth a quick research: big Agnes Copper Spur 2 (about 1.8kg iirc, good headroom, 2 doors, bit small maybe), or maybe the new version of the HubbaHubba (similar weight, similar pros + cons, if it has 2 doors).

mercurykev

If money isn't a problem, get a Hilleberg as they are such good tents. I've got a Nallo 2 GT and Keron 3 GT and both are great. The Nallo is my solo cycle touring tent, has a massive porch and weights about 2.6kg - it's also the only 2 person tent I've owned that two people can comfortably stay in. The Nallo 3 GT has even more space and only weight a couple of hundred grams more (2.8kg)

rollinstok

I,m sure you will find a tent that is suitable for yourselves out of the ones mentioned above. My post is regarding the little extras that can make the camping experience so much better. Weight is as you know the biggest issue, but not as important as comfort. I once had an MSR tent that was superlight and great for the odd night but because I couldnt sit up in the thing ( at best I was semi-lying propped up with an elbow-not comfy at all ) I never took it on a tour. I have used a Salewa Micra ( £130 ) with great success, its light, has storage space and the entry is to one of the sides so I can sit up inside the tent and look out at the scenery and people watch which makes the stay much nicer. As far as mats go you can now buy 2/3 length self inflating mats which although slightly heavier than simple foam type mats will help ensure a good kip. As far as sleeping bags go I have a Karrimor lightweight which is more than enough for summer, I may take a sleeping bag liner with me in spring or autumn but only if the forecast is poor and if this is not enough I have worn clothes as well. I,ve never been cold after the first minute of going to bed. A lot of people I have met on the way have spent a fortune on camping gear that they do not really need, more akin to Everest in a gale than a breeze in a european valley.. others I have seen with a £20 argos special type tent driving home in the middle of the night because they are soaked...moral is you dont need to spend a fortune but dont skimp either.

If I was in the market for a two-person tent I would go the Tarptent Scarp 2, the big brother to my Scarp 1. Great tent by all accounts.

tarptent_scarp2.jpg

Andrew

Attachments

• tarptent_scarp2.jpg
    tarptent_scarp2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 72

PpPete

Legendary Member
Vaude Taurus Ultralight.
Pros: Super light, super easy to put up.
Con: You'll get to know your sleeping partner very well indeed.

Spacious compared with some so called two man tents. Very robust in really nasty conditons.... we even got a good night's sleep in ours at OMM 2008

fimm

Veteran
Have a look at alpkit for sleeping bags and matresses.
They have also recently started doing tents, but I'm not sure if they meet your requirements, being more aimed at mountaineers.
I have a Hilleberg Akto 1 man tent and it is excellent, so if you are happy to spend cash I would certainly investigate their 2-man tents.

jjb

Über Member
There's a terra nova solar superlite 2.2 on ebay at the moment. It's down round £50, worth watching. Don't go mad though - you get 30% off stuff direct from TN website with the tent trade-in offer.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Anticipated climate?

A tent that is suitable for the Western Isles in late September could roast you alive in the Camargue in August.
The solution, of course, is N + 1 :thumbsup:

dragon72

Guru
I can also vouch for the Decathlon Quechua T2 Ultralight Pro.
I still have mine, but "upgraded" to the Vaude Taurus because it's quite a bit lighter and both the inner and fly go up together, rather than on the Decathlon tents where you have to spend an extra couple of minutes attaching the outer sheet as you put it up.
The Decathlon T-series tents are brilliant value for money IMO for the budget conscious.

Top Bottom