Suggest a 2 man tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The solution, of course, is N + 1 :thumbsup:

The solution indeed

IMG_0045.jpg

Then i decided that i did'nt really need such a big porch for solo cycle camping

vaudetaurus.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 334
  • vaudetaurus.jpg
    vaudetaurus.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 149

theloafer

Legendary Member
Hey:hello:

I need a 2 man tent also to sleep 1 and cannot stretch to the budget of some of the recommendations here.

How've you found the decathalon?

how about this wiggy
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=59871

theloafer

Legendary Member
Saunters Jetpacker? Wayyy over my budget ATM (£50-£75)sorry:blush:

I may manage with my existing 'hiking' tent, its perfectly serviceable but will be heavy(ish) and bulky on a bike. Perhaps better to wait and upgrade to something like the Saunters when I can afford it next year.

they asking £60 ono
Saunders Jetpacker A frame two man Tent.(maybe plus as two fit okay).Partner does not like taper down!
Tent has given me some excellent service,is still waterproof and good to go!
Partner finds it to small for prolonged use and as we are preparing to go to Europe for six months,needs to be replaced with a three man,double door green tent (suitable for Wild Camping).
Price £60-00 Ono Plus postage&packing.

they asking £60 ono
Saunders Jetpacker A frame two man Tent.(maybe plus as two fit okay).Partner does not like taper down!
Tent has given me some excellent service,is still waterproof and good to go!
Partner finds it to small for prolonged use and as we are preparing to go to Europe for six months,needs to be replaced with a three man,double door green tent (suitable for Wild Camping).
Price £60-00 Ono Plus postage&packing.

Ah I see now - I was at work this afternoon and the CTC forums are blocked, I assumed it was a link to a review of the SJ Tent so just googled and got a price.

Will keep the link until Feb pay day and then see:thumbsup:

rollinstok

Just to translate the capacity given when looking to purchase a tent. If the tent says 1 man it equals 1 midget, 2 man= a man and a midget, 3-man= a man a midget and a dwarf, 4 man= 2 men a midget and a dwarfs torso, 5 man= a japanese couple c/w cameras, 6 man= the spice girls, 7 man= Laurel & Hardy, 8 man = snow white and the seven dwarves. This is a commonly used system of ordering whithin the camping trade.

sunnyjim

Just to translate the capacity given when looking to purchase a tent. If the tent says 1 man it equals 1 midget, 2 man= a man and a midget, 3-man= a man a midget and a dwarf, 4 man= 2 men a midget and a dwarfs torso, 5 man= a japanese couple c/w cameras, 6 man= the spice girls, 7 man= Laurel & Hardy, 8 man = snow white and the seven dwarves. This is a commonly used system of ordering whithin the camping trade.

^_^^_^

voice of experience there..

I've got one of these
http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage.nsf/0/89CEB3F73448211CC1257571003AF2CC?opendocument
It breaks the rule - advertised as a 2 man but wouild easily sleep 3 at a pinch and vestible is big enough for 2 bikes or one 'bent trike. Exped are similar style and qaulity as Hilleberg, but a bit cheaper, being made in Switzerland China rather than Sweden Estonia.
Andromeda is maybe a bit on the big/heavy side for the OP, but I'd imagine the smaller ones are similarly well built.

P.H

Über Member
At 8.7 Kg it would want to be a six person tent :eek: ^_^

Andrew

I think that's 8.7lb or 3.95kg - Heavy but not that heavy.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Robert Saunders Jetpacker. would be my recommendation for the OPs "top class" tent.

I have its predecessor, the Backpacker GC2 which I was given for my 15th birthday.(33 years ago....) A somewhat Avant Garde ripstop nylon 2kg affair, but quality materials.

rollinstok

It's not that critical when it's being carried on a bike.

If you read the initial question, the member is looking for a " lightweight" tent. Almost 4 kilos is not lightweight by any stretch of the imagination. There is an awful lot of r&d with manufacturers to offer lightweight kit for backpackers/cyclists. To say its not that critical is a pretty weak argument.. almost every touring cyclist is extremely critical when it it comes to lugging weight over a long distance.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If you read the initial question, the member is looking for a " lightweight" tent. Almost 4 kilos is not lightweight by any stretch of the imagination. There is an awful lot of r&d with manufacturers to offer lightweight kit for backpackers/cyclists. To say its not that critical is a pretty weak argument.. almost every touring cyclist is extremely critical when it it comes to lugging weight over a long distance.

Lightweight is open to interpretation......

rollinstok

Lightweight is open to interpretation......

Not when you apply "lightweight" to a specific field. EG, is your touring bike light at 50 lbs ( no ), is your sleeping bag light at 3 kg ( no ) is your 2 man tent light at 4 kg ( no ). I could go on but surely you get my drift.

Top Bottom