Suitable panniers LEJOG/Touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbiep

Über Member
Hi,

I'm looking at panniers that will be suitable for a bash at LEJOG. There is soooo much out there I'm not really sure what would be appropriate, I've come across these: http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/Product...e_Pannier.aspx

They are more for communting but they seem good quality 20 lts each and have welded seams, reflective AND look to be at a competitive price.......

I'm in the dark here would they be suitable for a tour or too bulky and I should go for something else, 40 lts sounds alot but I've not even started looking into what I'll be taking. The aim is to ride unsupported staying in hostels/ B & B's etc. I certainly don't want to make it any harder for myself!

Thanks

HelenD123

Guru
They'll be good for LEJOG. I've got a very similar pair and have taken them touring. You shouldn't need to fill them if you're not camping so just be disciplined with your packing and keep the weight down.

Dinks

For LeJoG I will be using a Carradice Nelson Longflap, Bagman and a 6 ltr handlebar bag. I've light-toured with this combo and it works fine. No rack, no panniers and plenty of space. The Nelson L/Flap expands to 18 ltrs. You could easily camp with 40 ltrs capacity.

Top Bottom