Summer tights for chaps - suggestions please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Looking for some full length summer tights and bibs.
The Didoo bibs I am using have an excellent chamois but the I find the zips on the legs irritating at times - if all else fails I will buy these again and remove the zips.
The tights are Halfords own but the chamois doesn't suit me and I only tend to use them on the friction roller for short spin ups.
I have just bought and returned a set of FDX Men’s Cycling Tights without riding in them because the cut/height of the waist was such that when I went into riding crouch it inhibited my breathing. Big disappointment because I have found all my other FDX stuff to be bob on.
I suspect I may have to do bibs only as I am struggling to find summer tights of any sort.
Suggestions/discussion appreciated.
Ta very much.

I didn't know there was such a thing ?
Summer is usually shorts and maybe leg warmers if it's cool when you start off ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I haven't heard of summer tights before but can recommend Lussos as a brand which makes very good bib longs. I always buy unpadded so can't comment about their pads.

When you're looking for tights it's worth checking the pads origin. As I understand it Elastic Interface make the best on the market.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I haven't heard of summer tights before but can recommend Lussos as a brand which makes very good bib longs. I always buy unpadded so can't comment about their pads.

When you're looking for tights it's worth checking the pads origin. As I understand it Elastic Interface make the best on the market.

I've been wearing summer tights for years, unfortunately my altura summer cruisers are knackered and need replacing but don't seem available any more, everything now seems to be padded and I don't want padding so I'm going to have to do some research.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another vote for normal shorts with legwarmers .
I carry a pair of thin lycra leggings in case it gets chilly on late shift so i can stick them on if needed although tbh i havent needed them this week as above 11-12 c my legs are fine

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ronhill tracksters over the top of shorts? they are lightweight not roubaix type fabric and cheap and a classic - everyone should own a pair!!

the other thing to search for is UV leggings, and ditto UV armwarmers or "sleeves" in some sports / activities - desert trekking etc.

for ladies there are multi options of gymwear leggings that can go over a pair of bibs / shorts

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at thinner running gear to wear over padded shorts
Start Fitness have a big range
https://startfitness.co.uk/collecti...Mens&pf_m_::global::clothing-type=Long+Tights

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Ronhill tracksters over the top of shorts? they are lightweight not roubaix type fabric and cheap and a classic - everyone should own a pair!!

the other thing to search for is UV leggings, and ditto UV armwarmers or "sleeves" in some sports / activities - desert trekking etc.

for ladies there are multi options of gymwear leggings that can go over a pair of bibs / shorts

I've been looking at them.

vickster

Legendary Member
I usually wear running shorts if its warm enough.

Well as above, most cyclists wear shorts in summer but the OP wants longs for some reason.
I’ll wear shorts above 17deg ish, 3/4 from say 13-16 and some sort of padded tights or unpadded tights over shorts if cooler (or wet)

D

Deleted member 1258

Well as above, most cyclists wear shorts in summer but the OP wants longs for some reason.
I’ll wear shorts above 17deg ish, 3/4 from say 13-16 and some sort of padded tights or unpadded tights over shorts if cooler (or wet)

I often wear longs in the summer, summer days are often not warm enough for me to wear shorts, like the op I'm also looking for summer tights.

Top Bottom