Sun is shining, but I'm fed up I can't ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Lovely blue skies, not a cloud in the sky.:becool:

Sitting here working wishing I could get out on a bike. I work for myself so I could in theory.

But,..... I've had a torn knee ligament for the past 5 weeks which is reluctant to heal and I'm still hobbling around and struggling on steps.

Seems I'm stuck with it for a few more weeks when considering how slow it is healing.

Moan over, back to work.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was planning a ride this morning, but I've been struck with a grumbling tum and a serious dose of the brown bum wee, so I won't be on a bike for a few days methinks.

Fortunately, I can concentrate on feeling icky and don't have tonworry about work.

screenman

Legendary Member
I will need stabilizers next time I ride a bike. Plenty of time but the body has said no for a few weeks now.

Jimidh

Veteran
School holidays for me so although i’m off today I have two children to entertain - my lad would be up for mountain biking but my daughter not keen and as they are totally different standards it becomes a nightmare of moaning and arguing when they are biking together.

But fitted new dropper post on my MTB and some Trainer q Road fun after dinner.

OP
OP
Salar

Salar

A fish out of water
I might spend my limping time tidying this 1988 number up. :smile:

rockhopper.jpg

Slick

Guru
I'm a bit fed up myself but for very different reasons. We have seen the sun but there's been more snow than sun and annoyingly, more so on the weekend. Between coughs and colds, working away and yes, even a bit of laziness, I've let my mileage slip to it's lowest level since starting cycling. March needs to be a big month.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Weather forecast is promising for Saturday so, if it holds, I shall definitively go for a ride.

johnnyb47

Guru
It's been a one off today getting some decent sunshine..I made the most of it venturing out for a bike ride. I've had the week off from work and the weather been pretty dire so its been nice to get out today.
I've noticed my general mood takes a nose dive when I'm deprived of cycling .

Have been off for half-term as well and can’t wait to get out on the bike! My dad’s been down and we’ve been doing much needed repairs etc round the house. He’s headed back up North this morning and the sun is shining but my body is screaming from doing some ‘proper work’ as my dad calls it!

simon.r

Person
I have a long weekend off work and had planned all sorts of bike and garden related stuff.

But...Dad was taken into A and E on Sunday evening, which meant me running around like the proverbial blue arsed fly until Tuesday evening sorting out Mum, which meant I got behind at work, which meant a very long working day on Wednesday. The combination of not much sleep, stress and hassle left me feeling knackered.

In the early hours of Thursday both MrsR and I woke up coughing, shivering, too hot etc. and to cap it all I threw up

Yesterday was spent in bed / on the settee feeling very rough. (Did you know a couple of episodes from the original series of On The Buses are on TV on a Thursday afternoon?):rolleyes:

I’m a bit better this morning, but definitely not well enough to get out on the bike:sad:

The best laid plans and alł that...

vickster

Legendary Member
I hit 300 miles for the year on my little pre work morning ride.

My arthritic knee hates me, just have to deal with the pain :boxing:

As another post, it's 4 years to the day that I was knocked off my bike...not letting it stop me riding even if I can't do as much in a day now

Top Bottom