England : London Sunday London Ride for Food - 5 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
We used to do these slightly longer rides for food. I thought it might be nice to resurrect them. So, anyone interested in doing something on Sunday 3rd August? My proposal would be to take a scenic route down to the Olympic Mountain Bike venue at Hadleigh in Essex, which has a cafe and plenty of bike related stuff. From London that's probably around 45 miles.

Leave HPC at 09:45 as normal. Some could ride back, some could get the train, some will want to go home via Dartford Crossing.

Hands up if you're interested.

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
That’s the day that the Ride London event is on with lots of road closures for the amateur event followed by the professionals race.

Not sure how that affects your plans?

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
That’s the day that the Ride London event is on with lots of road closures for the amateur event followed by the professionals race.

Not sure how that affects your plans?
Dammit! That will affect them big time. I'll look for another date.
DATE CHANGED TO 3rd AUGUST.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Assuming you mean the 5th, colour me interested. 9.45 start time is more than doable even with Sunday timetables (pass smelling salts....).

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Bridleway bash from Purfleet?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeci40IwKCFMcvaQV5JUSLzj4cImBzhRriLn6IP38vcMsf7Q3B.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Route has been plotted and is 45 miles, a bit urban and a bit rural.

This is the destination, from where it's a (mostly) easy downhill roll to Leigh-on-sea or Benfleet stations, with trains back to London Fenchurch Street taking just under an hour.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Does this mean gears?
Realistically, there’s only one ‘proper’ hill - Bread and Cheese in Benfleet. That ramps up to 10%, but i’ve done it many times on fixed (67”). Other than that, there are just a few ramps, all of which are easier than the ones we did on Sunday.

Top Bottom