England : London Sunday London Ride for Food - 5 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
<Bump>

@sagefly
@StuAff
@wanda2010 (for the first hour, but we all know she'll be there at the end)
@Nick Saddlesore

Anyone else?

wanda2010

Guru
Still in.

Thoughts, research and update: I need to be back in Balham for 1245pm. Would there be a bail out option, probably at about 1130?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Weather forecast is looking good, albeit with a headwind.
This ride will be at a slightly faster pace than the usual Sunday London Ride bumble around town. But not breakneck speeds.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm in and will be cycling back too for my August qualifying imperial century ride.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Still in.

Thoughts, research and update: I need to be back in Balham for 1245pm. Would there be a bail out option, probably at about 1130?
For @wanda2010 , and others who are interested, this is the route. However, we may vary it on the day depending on conditions, but it won't be much different. Barking, Romford and Upminster would be some of the options for bail out.

Usual SLR rules apply. If you're coming, just turn up by 09:30am, ready to leave at around 09:45 am. No need to make contact if you're not coming as we'll leave with whoever is there. However, if you are intending to come along but get delayed and want to meet us on route, or wait for you, call me or text me before 09:30. If you don't have my number, PM me.

There don't appear to be any engineering works affecting trains back to Fenchurch Street planned for Sunday. For those who plan on riding back, I can lead people to the Dartford Crossing, or possibly the Woolwich Ferry, depending on what time we get to Dartford and point the way into central London from there.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

See you Sunday.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I see on the Hadleigh Park website, that bike hire is no longer available. So, those of you hoping to do a lap of the Olympic mountain biking track will have to do it on your roads bikes, or ride from London on your mountain bike.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Hmmm. Extensive road closures around town on Sunday due to the London Triathlon. So, I've updated the route to keep us away from all the action. We'll go through Victoria Park and use a short section of The Greenway.
[Edited to add link to new route]

Last edited:
Top Bottom