England : London Sunday london Ride: Monopoly Edition - 19 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
The second Sunday in November is Remembrance Sunday and there will be widespread road closures and diversions in place around London. So, I'm proposing to run this the following week, Sunday 19 November.

The idea: A gentle meander in the best tradition of Sunday London Rides taking in all the squares on the Monopoly board - with photos to prove it. We may do them in order, we may not. Probably around 20-25 miles all told, tbc once the route is planned. Start from Hyde Park Corner as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am), ending up somewhere central for coffee/brunch/beer (suggestions welcome) at around 1.30pm.

A show of hands please for 19 November please.

Note, there'll be a strong weather dependency. The go/no-go decision will be taken on the preceding Friday once the weather forecasts have firmed up..

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

And before you ask, we will not pass 'Go', so you won't get £200. (Sorry @CharlieB)

Sharky

Guru
And no jumping red lights...

You might get sent to jail

ozboz

Guru
This sounds good , I was thinking of joining today's ride through London, but alas , I had to do some painting at my Daughters new place up on Shooters Hill , so I'll try and be available for this ,

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I'm in.

Freds Dad

Veteran
This sounds like a great ride. If only i lived nearer London.

It has however got me thinking that I could do a Manchester version of the ride by following visiting the places on the Northern version of the game. Anyone got an image of the Manchester board?

Top Bottom