England : London Sunday london Ride: Monopoly Edition - 19 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

How about 8.00am at the illuminated Eltham Sign?
Fine for me, I'll send you a PM on the morning to confirm I'll be on time, if you'd prefer a text just PM me a number and I'll do that - my intentions to ride won't change but I have nightmares about leaving people waiting for me in case I miss my alarm, not that I've ever been known for that before <.< >.>

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Fine for me, I'll send you a PM on the morning to confirm I'll be on time, if you'd prefer a text just PM me a number and I'll do that - my intentions to ride won't change but I have nightmares about leaving people waiting for me in case I miss my alarm, not that I've ever been known for that before <.< >.>
I PM'ed you my phone number - a text is probably better. See you on Sunday.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
A quick roll call.

@ozboz
@User13710
@Mark Grant
@CharlieB
@Trickedem
@slowmotion
@lazybloke
@subaqua
@mmmmartin
@Nick Saddlesore
@Tim Hall
@User10571
@User
@RoubaixCube
@User
@crazyjoe101

That's probably the maximum number of people a ride around central London can hope to keep together. To help with that, we'll ride with an all-upper and way markers so people don't get lost.

To get you wondering, we will also be visiting Chance, Income Tax, Community Chest, Electric Company, Jail and Water Works. And of course, there's plenty of Free Parking around London on a Sunday. But we're still not going past Go, so don't expect £200.

Tim Hall

Engineering works for those, like me, arriving from the south:
Engineering work is taking place between Balham and Selhurst all weekend and between London Victoria and Clapham Junction on Sunday, closing some lines.

On Saturday, a heavily reduced Southern service will run to and from London Victoria, with some services being diverted to start and terminate at London Bridge.

Buses will replace trains between Balham and East Croydon via Selhurst.

On Sunday, buses will replace trains between London Victoria and Clapham Junction and also between Balham and East Croydon via Selhurst. Some services will be amended to start and terminate at London Bridge.
My plan B is to get a train to London Bridge or Blackfriars and nip across to HPC.

Tim Hall

The journey time between Croydon and Blackfriars is glacial.
Normally I'd agree, as it goes down the back doubles, but the National Rail website is quoting 28 minutes for this Sunday.

Edit: For me at least , London Bridge looks the better deal though, as no changes needed.

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
Bugger , I've got all the stuff to do mods on bike and a place booked on the maintenance and repair course Saturday so it is hopefully ready for the ride , hope it Holds off for us , though
Edit
Just looked it
Up possibly no rain until 3pm ish

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Enjoy it. Looks like great fun but I'm out - family commitments and other 'life stuff' getting in the way of actually living.

Possible wet sunday looming up ahead. Will keep an eye on the forecast
Looks dry for most of the day (sources: Beeb, Google, Yahoo and MSN).

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Enjoy it. Looks like great fun but I'm out - family commitments and other 'life stuff' getting in the way of actually living.

Looks dry for most of the day (sources: Beeb, Google, Yahoo and MSN).

at time of that posting it was going to start raining around 15:00 - We would have long been finished by that time, but the rain could of gone either direction and just as well it backed off to 21:00 but that could still change.

On a side note. I found out that the rear wheel on my Cube in need of some truing :angry::angry:
I dont have time to take it to my LBS so it'll have to be my beat up Triban making the rounds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Recce'd the second half of the ride on my way home from work today. It's much simpler than the first half as we'll be in The City (less traffic) and there are longer stretches between properties on the board. However, for those of you of a squeamish disposition, I can report that there is a hill. It's not particularly long, but it definitely goes in an upward direction.

Weather forecast is still in our favour.

Trickedem

Guru
Sorry, but I won't be able to make it now. Up in the Midlands visiting the grandkids. Not sure I would be acclimatised to the weather either having been in the heat of Australia for the last 3 weeks.

Top Bottom