Sunday London Ride: The tenth anniversary edition. 12th January 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry Ross - overslept

I think I am best waiting for the summer rides!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well, I thought there would of been a bigger turnout but there were around 8 of us that braved the occasional buffeting winds (I counted 8 at viewtube) and occasional strong headwinds. The wind made for a bit of work but other than that it turned out to be a very nice day for a ride. roads were slightly wet given the overnight showers but the sun did eventually come out to play and it wasn't too cold either. The points of interest pointed out along the way are always fascinating. Especially the 'Ghost Signs' one. I dont understand how local councils will trip over themselves to protect a Banksy but a peice of history that dates back some 50 or 60 years or even longer is just left to the open elements to do away with.

Eventually stopping at Viewtube for a marvelous lunch. First time I have visited this place and i wonder why it's taken me so long to check it out. I ordered their Munchies Burrito with a portion of chips but since it was my first visit I was caught off guard by their adult sized portions. Nothing like i had experienced at Caffè Tropea in Russell Sq. :laugh::laugh:

Quite pricey for a burrito but a tasty treat nonetheless :eek::tongue:

Took me another 40mins to make it home via the hackney marshes.

AlexB

Veteran
Great ride in great company as usual and, don't take this the wrong way, but I really enjoyed our remove back to Victoria along the canal and exploring the basins along the Thames. Two rides for the price of one. What's not to like?

AlexB

Veteran
This was the Oyster wheel ride series I mentioned to a few people: https://road.cc/content/news/269815...wgcAyLoiOvMEeBPCEh8NiXVqKGrtxSd5QE1LPKdZh7vKA
Maybe it would be worth exploring once the weather gets better?

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
I led a series of rides last year for the Central London CTC Thursday group, each 70km, starting and finishing at an extremity of the Oyster Zone. And, yes, I even did South.

Top Bottom