England : London Sunday London Ride: Tiny Edition. 15 October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Just giving this a little bump. I did the final recce today, well as best I could bearing mind the Royals Parks Half Marathon was on and there were a million road closures. And two location filmings I had to scoot by. [As an aside, I've seen quite a few films being shot and it always amazes me how many crew there are just standing around!]

We're still looking at 23 easy miles, with only one minor hill, which isn't really going to test anyone. Assemble at HPC (west side) at 9.30am. We'll leave when the horse guards have gone through and head straight into Hyde Park and go via the 'facilities' if anyone needs them (if you do, you'll need a 20p piece). There is another set of bike friendly toilets about half way round if needed. I'm aiming for us to get to Look Mum No Hands by 1.00pm to 1.30pm, but there is an option to cut the route short if we're running late. We will be on one busy road for a short stretch, but it's unavoidable if you want to see something really tiny. It's not a race track though, and it won't bother anyone who is used to riding in London.

I've noted expressions of interest from:

@Salty seadog
@ianrauk
@TheDoctor
@vickster
@Mark Grant
@velovoice
@RoubaixCube
@User13710
@sagefly (plus friend)
@SteveF
@Nigel182
@Trickedem
@wanda2010
@CharlieB

If you could let me know whether you're coming along before 9.30am on Sunday that would be great. That way we'll know who to wait for.

If the weather forecast suggests Biblical in any way, this might be deferred. That decision will be taken on Thursday afternoon however, so watch this thread.

Cheers
Sadly I cannot make this now. Off visiting grandchildren.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm going to That London on Saturday, so Sunday as well might be too much of a good thing. I think I'm out :sad:

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Warm and sunny says the Met Office.

U

User10571

I've a second consecutive weekend where I am giving it Maximum Wedding (Niece, Brighton Registry Office followed by Lancing - venue, not procedure)
If I'm not broken by the event. I'll pitch up at HPC on time.
Don't wait for me if I don't show.

'spensive month, October.
Nephew is also getting spliced.....

Top Bottom