England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
All welcome, at least on my rides.

Even me?
Looking forward to the next one. My caveats are weather , its a long way to come and get wet and my hands and feet suffer below 5-6°

rb58

Enigma
Are you open to new riders joining these rides?
I'm not sure if we've ever met, but I'm a regular on the Friday Night Rides.
Everyone welcome. Look out for the themed rides which start in March. Also the longer 'rides for food'. They'll each have their own thread.

rb58

Enigma
From SEnine page on Bookface:

“Woolwich Ferry not starting until at least February. It was due to start with the new boats in the New Year. SEnine understands the problem relates to the new ferries' automatic docking and ramping mechanism which has occasionally locked in trials, which could risk vehicles coming stranded on board.

Statement this morning from TfL:

David Fisher, Head of London River Services at TfL, said: “We’re sorry that the launch of the new Woolwich ferries is taking longer than expected. We are undertaking extensive trials of the newer and less polluting ferries and docks to ensure they are ready for service and this has taken longer than anticipated. We will launch the new ferries in February subject to the completion of these trials.'”

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I've been through both tunnels this week (forgot how long the Woolwich tunnel is) all lifts are working and the barriers in the Greenwich foot tunnel have been removed as well.

rb58

Enigma
I've been through both tunnels this week (forgot how long the Woolwich tunnel is) all lifts are working and the barriers in the Greenwich foot tunnel have been removed as well.
Bloody Woolwich tunnel north side lift wasn’t working this morning. Had to carry my bike up.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Sounds good. The Sunday rides traditionally start at Hyde Park Corner. I'd suggest following the dotted route on the map to Kingston, continuing from there. Between Ross's planned Sunday London rides, his Rides For Food and the FNRttC weekends, the immediate available dates are Feb 24 (my personal preference), March 3, and March 31 (can't do, Stevenage audax).

Reactions: GM

AlexB

Veteran
OK, it sounds as though I need to do a recce and make sure the route is sensible and that I know it.
I'd rather do that, than try and do this blind.
This would suggest a date closer to April. Seem sensible?

Top Bottom