England : London Sunday London ride

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by ttcycle, 28 Jan 2010.

1. topcat1

topcat1 vintage Mercian 2012

Gonna b late 20 mins

2. rb58

rb58 Enigma

We’ll wait

3. topcat1

It could have been Tom Cruise on top of the Tate Modern, there was an helicopter involved.

Nice to see ILB,Tim and Ross I spent the day playing with my cleats

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
    rb58 and Trickedem like this.
  4. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Just four of us today - three Old Geezers and Young Andy. We saluted the guards then headed off towards Bermondsey.

We left Dave behind whilst he fiddled with his shiny new shoes, yet somehow he managed to teleport himself and end up in front of us along the Embankment. How does he do that?!

A quick comfort stop at Flat Iron Square the onwards to inspect the Russian tank just off The Old Kent road. From there we took the scenic route through Bermondsey to Deptford and on to Greenwich and the park where we stood alongside General Wolf to admire the view before settling in the cafe.

Lovely day for riding a bike. 45 miles all told for me.

Salty seadog, iLB and topcat1 like this.
  5. topcat1

Local knowledge, so Tim nice bike now you've got me thinking about disk brakes.

On the way home (it felt great to be able to clip in) going over Blackfriars bridge i spot 2 helicopters and some people standing on top of the Tate Modern then someone walks by and says Tom Cruise is jumping off buildings for Mission Impossible.

Trickedem likes this.
  6. saoirse50

saoirse50 Über Member

I saw you all riding through Deptford. I was unloading Lewisham Cyclists cargotrike with all the kit for the Bike workshop we do at the Scout Hut in Childers St, just past Folkestone Gardens park. Just before 11 maybe. I waved and shouted hi.

Trickedem likes this.
  7. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Funnily enough I do remember passing a cargo bike being attended to. We must have been super-speedy though as I didn't hear you call out. Sorry!

8. iLB

iLB Hello there

Pretty stunning day for some easy breezy miles.

Good to see everyone. Big thanks to Tim for letting me trial the Pyrolite. The area around Wellington Arch made for a surprisingly good playground to test it, got fairly side ways at one point. Do you think it would take a front rack Tim?

Any one else with snaps ? @topcat1 ?

IMG_20180211_100516.jpg IMG_20180211_105536.jpg IMG_20180211_095323.jpg

Last edited: 12 Feb 2018
    StuAff, Jurek, rb58 and 2 others like this.
  9. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

Should take a front rack
    It has the fixings

10. OP
    OP
    ttcycle

ttcycle Cycling Excusiast

Oh my god- my thread still exists! Sorry just nosing in here after posting something for work...Ta-ra!

Tollers, rb58, Jurek and 4 others like this.
  11. rb58

rb58 Enigma

For those interested, the plans for the themed Sunday London Rides I have been organising are as follows:

3 June: The Quite Interesting Sunday London Ride, an historical trivia tour.
    8 July: Sunday London Ride: Dead Pop Stars Edition (led by @Nick Saddlesore)
    12 August: Sunday London Ride Round The Streets and Alleyways, an exploration of some of London's more interesting and odd street names
    2 September: Oranges and Lemons Says The Sunday London Ride, where we'll be passing each of the Churches in the famous rhyme, and one or two other nursery rhyme related stops too.
    14 October: Murder and Death on the Sunday London Ride (led by @Trickedem)

As always, start is from Hyde Park Corner at 09:30am.

Look out for a thread with more details of each of these rides as they get closer.

Last edited: 31 May 2018
    sagefly and Blue Hills like this.
  12. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

I thought it was 9.30 with a probably away about 9.45?

13. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Whoops. Good spot. A typo. Now edited.

Blue Hills likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice