Super C or Camper Longflap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Just an update. Really pleased with the Super C, bags of room and I quite like the quick release buckles. Handy loop for my SMART rear light too. I think I'd have been really pleased with the Camper too though, easily pleased me :wacko:. I've yet to get additional straps, I will eventually though.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Plax

What is the carrying capacity on the Super C? What size frame do you have as I seem to not have enough seat post on my frames for a Carradice bag and they rub against the back wheel but that is me being a short arse!

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
ttcycle said:
Hi Plax

What is the carrying capacity on the Super C? What size frame do you have as I seem to not have enough seat post on my frames for a Carradice bag and they rub against the back wheel but that is me being a short arse!

The SuperC has 23L capacity if I recall. I have a mans 52cm Dawes touring frame. The Barley has plenty of clearance but the SuperC can sometimes very slightly touch the top of my mudguard depending on how full it it is but it hasn't proven a problem.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
ttcycle said:
Hi Plax

The Super C is the tallest of the Carradice saddlebags. The Camper is a couple of inches shallower, and deeper front to back to compensate.

There's a Lowsaddle Longflap that will need less saddle height than the other larger bags. It is smaller though.
You will need least seatpost if the bag is mounted directly on a Brooks saddle, unless you can find a Karrimor Uplift (also needs Brooks saddle with loops, but raises the saddlebag a decent amount). They haven't been made for a good many years, so it's eBay or asking on cycling forums if anyone has one they don't use.

I've got my Carradice bags from Spa Cycles.

Top Bottom